tipping onPG

I understand there is a no tipping policy on the Paul Gaugin, but is it not accepted if offered. I'm talking about when ordering a drink, is it appropriate to tip just as a gesture as on other cruise lines? Or is it completely off limits?

On the PG and all of the Regent ships tipping is included in your fare. You really should not add a tip for any regular service. Some people have given some small gifts such as a prepaid phone card to a staff member if they asked for some sort of personal favor.

I didn't tip any waiter/waitress on PG and they still offer us for drinks whenever we were on deck. But I did tip the scuba instructor at the end of the cruise. He accepted it.:)

Regent does not want guests to tip for normally provided services. If someone has gone over and above the call of duty, then you can donate through the front desk to the crew fund. The crew fund is used to hold special parties for crew, or on one of the ships they used the fund to buy VCR's for all the staff quarters individual rooms. Or ask Kathy said, buy a token item like a phone card. In LA last year, the crew got Lakers tickets at Staples Center and the crew fund paid for transportation. Some went to Disneyland.

The best thing you can do for the cruise staff is to mention them by name on your comment cards. They get rewards for that.

Archived