The Boatyard........

Fun~N~Sun

We have been to the Boatyard, after you exit the mini mall at the port you will be able to see it to your left, the taxi's are very expensive in Barbados so we chose to walk, it took us about 25 min. you can walk along the shoreline or follow the street.

We had a big group that went to the Bacardi Factory first then on to the Boatyard. It was a blast!!! If you like to lounge beside the ocean with some music and a "cold one" this is the place for you. Wish I was going there....

Kansasgal.. We don't have a Bacardi Factory here. You may mean Mount Gay Rum Factory, which is much older than Bacardi (Try the Mount Gay Extra Old.. very very nice) our maybe you went to Malibu Rum place, which makes really good Coconut Rum.

Boatyard is a fun place.. haven't been in a while and they have changed their entrance fee. You used to get tokens back in the same amount that you paid to be used at the bar.. now they give you 1 drink and thats it.

have a great day

Just returned from the boatyard with a large group. Some of the group had kids some did not. There is a $12 pp fee for which you get a lounge chair, a drink and the use of a lounge chair. This is great for the kids if they want to use the Boat yard's Swinging rope, trampoline and inflatable iceberg. I paid for my kids to use the boatyard facilities, but some people who did not have kids, paid $5.00 for a chair just to the side of the boat yard and watched their kids play on the facilities. This way for families who had 5-6 in their group it was a little cheaper for them as the parents of course were not using the inflatable toys. Hope this helps.

Karen..why did they have to sit on the side of the boatyard. just because they only paid 5.00 for a beach chair.. What most people don't know is that the beach is totally public in Barbados. places like the boatyard put their chairs out to take over the beach area.. but they really shouldn't be allowed to.. you can sit any where on any beach.. without paying.. unless you want a chair..

thats my rant for the evening..

• 2 weeks later...

its my most FAVOURITE place in Barbados to relax during the day and party at night.:cool:

They do have their chairs laid out on the beach, but as far as I know, only upto the point they are allowed to , and yes the beaches are totally free to the public......up to the HIGHWATER mark!!! Which means as far as the natural seawater goes up to on the beach is public, the rest belongs to the property directly infront of it and this is what I think people dont fully understand.

Regadless its a great place to go to.

Jet sking is not available there right now.

Enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

its my most FAVOURITE place in Barbados to relax during the day and party at night.:cool:

They do have their chairs laid out on the beach, but as far as I know, only upto the point they are allowed to , and yes the beaches are totally free to the public......up to the HIGHWATER mark!!! Which means as far as the natural seawater goes up to on the beach is public, the rest belongs to the property directly infront of it and this is what I think people dont fully understand.

Regadless its a great place to go to.

Jet sking is not available there right now.

Enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

You are so right! It's public up to the high water mark and most don't totally understand this! Whatever ... it's a FUN place to go!

Is there any reason to bring my snorkle stuff to the Boatyard or am I better to leave that for some other island?

Boatyard is NOT the place to take your snorkel stuff! Think of it as a very FUN beach day!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

We were there in Dec '05 and the taxi only cost $3/pp each way...it is not a very long walk but remember it's hot and humid in the caribbean. Take the taxi. BTW, try the strawberry dacquiri, yum.

The boatyard was great! The people were very friendly. The food was good. Not too expensive. The bar was right there. They will even bring your drinks to the beach for you. The people selling things on the beach were kind of a pain but very friendly and not pushy. It did cost a bit much for the taxi. As previously posted $9 pp each way but better than walking. It would be a long walk. Great music. The funniest thing was when we were leaving the song..."Take Me Home Country Roads" was playing. For those who are familiar with the song it's about West Virginia and that is where we are from. It was great, fun, relaxing day. My husband and I are in our mid 40's and our kids who are early 20's all had a great time there!

Archived