Security Tag

I hope someone can help me with this. I just bought a beautiful long black skirt on sale. When I got home and tried it on I noticed that the plastic security tag is still on the skirt!!! I don't know how I got out of the store without alarms going off. Does anyone know how to remove these things??

You Can't. I Bought A Pair Of Pants Out Of Town Once And Decided I Would Try Since I Would Have To Go Back To The Place I Bought Them. I Ruined Them. They Put Out A Stain On The Garment When You Tried To Remove. I Found Out Later That I Could Have Taken To A Store Locally With My Receipt And They Would Have Removed For Me.

This happened to me one time when I had bought a coat in Dallas while living about an hour and 30 minutes southeast of Dallas. We were leaving for Maine on an early flight the next morning. :eek: I had no time to run back to Dallas, so I called a local store in the little town where I live and told them my situation. This was a Bealls store and I had bought the coat at Dillard's. The lady was very nice and told me to come to the store and she would remove the security tag. This was one of those with red dye inside that would explode if you tried to remove it yourself. Good thing I didn't try to remove it.

You can bet that learned from this and I check for security tags everytime I buy anything.

:mad: :mad: OHHHHHH, this makes me so mad when this happens. It has happened to me more than once unfortunately and it is soooo frustrating! The ladies are right, there is no way to remove it on your own, and you could RUIN the article by doing so.

I feel your pain, as we all do who have had it happen.

Every time I buy something now, I go over it with a micrscope!!! You would NOT believe how many times I have caught them since!:eek:

This happened to me once. Only I did not discover it until we were out at sea hundreds of miles from any land. I bought this outfit just for the cruise. Brought it home and placed it in my suitcase. Boy oh boy, was I frustrated!!:(

There was absoulutly nothing I could do about it until I got home and took it back to the store where they removed the tag.:( They told me all tags do not set off alarms. Some tags just have the dye in them. The tags are placed in a spot on the garment that would make wearing it embarrassing with the tag on it. If you remove the tag, you have a huge stain. Now I always check.

Linda

This happened to me once. Only I did not discover it until we were out at sea hundreds of miles from any land. I bought this outfit just for the cruise. Brought it home and placed it in my suitcase. Boy oh boy, was I frustrated!!:(

Linda

Linda - How miserable for you! Hope it wasn't one of your formals. Did you ask if the staff in the shop onboard could detach it for you? Oh, I guess they would want to see the receipt, wouldn't they?

This has happened to me more than once. I feel like the times you do set off the alarms you are lucky, you're still in the store and can have the tags removed. I once returned to have the tag taken off and set off the alarm going into the store, I was stopped immediately by clerks and had to produce my receipt on the spot. I've also purchased jeans where there were more than 2 tags on a single piece of clothing.

I'm wondering if some people don't wash or clean their new garments before the first wearing? I would catch a security tag that way. I also check all seams and hems before leaving, to make sure I don't have to do any repairs while travelling.

Archived