The time of my life..

OutExploring

I just returned from my first transatlantic crossing onboard Regent's (Radisson's) Seven Seas Navigator from Ft. Lauderdale to Funchal. I was traveling alone and was a little nervous going alone etc..

1. I have never been called "sweet young thing" or "young man" so often in my life- for a 34 yr old, that sure feels good.

2. The crew were outstanding. Everyone from butler to chef were friendly, warm and very professional.

3. The passengers: I have never had so many dinner, lunch, tea and breakfast dates- more dates than I have had in the last 5 years. The cruise director organized a FOD meeting on night 2 and there were about 11 of us ..yes me being the only single one..:(

4. Food: I alternated between the treadmill and the restaurants. Having a six course dinner on your balcony was certainly one of the highlights!

5. Entertainment: Between participating in cooking classes, cooking competition, fashion show (never on land I assure you), sunning and of course eating, I did not read a page of anything I brought or finish any work I brought along!!

6. Romance: To top it all off, I met a wonderful man who was a guest performer on the ship.... I better save the details for another site!

To sum it up, I will never hesitate about going on another cruise alone and will definitely choose Regent's again.

Kaelan

I1. I have never been called "sweet young thing" or "young man" so often in my life- for a 34 yr old, that sure feels good.
Trust me. 34 is still childhood. :D

It sounds like you had a great trip. I've thought about travelling solo - I usually travel with a friend - and your trip report certainly inspries me.

Archived