Where is the Star?

klh-or

I thought she was supposed to be in Seattle today, sailing to Alaska this afternoon (Sunday, 5/7)?? I can't see her from the Space Needle webcam of the waterfront, and somebody on the Alaska board posted they'd driven though Seattle today and the Star wasn't there.

Did she take a wrong turn?? :-) I've been anxiously waiting all week to see her on the Space Needle webcam.

I thought she was supposed to be in Seattle today, sailing to Alaska this afternoon (Sunday, 5/7)?? I can't see her from the Space Needle webcam of the waterfront, and somebody on the Alaska board posted they'd driven though Seattle today and the Star wasn't there.

Did she take a wrong turn?? :-) I've been anxiously waiting all week to see her on the Space Needle webcam.

She's still on her way to Seattle. I think cruisers on the cruise today indicated they could start boarding around 7:00 p.m. and she's due to head out at 10:00 p.m. tonight.

So don't give up yet! Keep looking and she should be in Seattle soon!:D

I can tell you where she's not. She's not in Seattle yet. From the looks of it, she is still out in open water but somewhat calmer than where she was an hour ago. My guess is that she has made it through the Straits of Juan de Fuca, but is still somewhat north of Seattle. If she has to fuel and provision, 10 pm may be an optimistic estimate of her departure time. I'll be going up on the roof to look for her soon.

She will be in here on Saturday evening I think I will go take a drive by her have not seen her since we left her in February! One of my co workers got off her today so I cant wait to her how she liked the cruise!:p Cant wait till Saturday :D

I don't know what's going on but the Star is still in port in Seattle. It was supposed to depart at 10pm. Maybe there is bad weather up north that they are trying to steer clear of. Just a guess.

I can't stay up much longer to watch her go by. Once she leaves the pier, it takes about 40 minutes for it to go by our house. If it's still in port at 12:10am - that makes a real short night of sleep for me.

But....it was fun to see her in port in Seattle today/tonight. We went down to get as close to her as possible. She's as beautiful as ever!

If you go to http://www.spaceneedle.com/webcam/ and double click "Seattle Waterfront" you see the current view.

If you want to see yesterday's "time lapse view", after getting to the Seattle Waterfront view, click "time lapse view" in the upper left hand corner. You see yesterday from just after midnight until around 11:30 p.m. From viewing that it shows the Westerdam leaving Seattle about 4:32 p.m., the Star ready to dock around 6:32 p.m., and the Star still in Seattle at 11:30 p.m.

I have no idea. We were down at the waterfront at 9-10pm and everyone was on board walking around, in the buffet, out on deck, etc. It was bustling and I was expecting it would be departing any time. We came back home so we could watch it go by in the water but up until 12:20am she hadn't gone by and I had to go to bed.

I'm betting we will hear about it when the CC members from this cruise return. ;)

Hikini:D

I sorry to hear the Norwegian star had problems yesterday.

My daughter and new son-in-law are on the 05/07/06 Alaska cruise for their honeymoon. I sure they didn't enjoy the delay!

Actually, it's not like being a plane sitting on the runway waiting for two hours to take off. On a plane you don't have anywhere to go, probably not much to do except sleep or read, with little or nood for or drink. Not to mention no fresh air.

On the ship, regardless of where you are (still in port or underway to your next destination) you are still on the ship with plenty to do and see, places to walk to, shows to see, and plenty of food and drink! And you can go outside for fresh air, go back inside, back outside and so on.

We were delayed almost three hours in departing one time and it didn't matter one bit. We were only mildly curious to know, and heard later that they were waiting because there was a storm further north. It did not delay us from getting to our first destination on time.

I don't think your daughter and son-in-law would have or should have been too disappointed.

On the ship, regardless of where you are (still in port or underway to your next destination) you are still on the ship with plenty to do and see, places to walk to, shows to see, and plenty of food and drink! And you can go outside for fresh air, go back inside, back outside and so on.

We were delayed almost three hours in departing one time and it didn't matter one bit. We were only mildly curious to know, and heard later that they were waiting because there was a storm further north. It did not delay us from getting to our first destination on time.

That's the way I feel about delays also (so long as they don't stretch so far we miss a port). And actually the Seattle skyline is one that I rather enjoy !

Looking forward to our Star to Alaska cruise :)

-Monte

Does anyone know if the Star arrived on time in Juneau?

I was at work and couldn't watch the Juneau webcam to see whether they arrived at 5:00 p.m. as scheduled. When I got home a little after 8:00 p.m. I could see her docked there but was just wondering when she arrived.

Archived