Wedding on the Monarch???

I am planning on booking a wedding for the Monarch of the Seas for May of 2007. I was wondering if anyone has gotten married on that particular ship? I know it is one of RCI's smaller ships, but the port is only about 2 hrs away from us and most of our guests. So if anyone could give me any tips on what I should ask for or look out for with this ship I would greatly appreciate it. Also has anyone had a positive experience with RR/TWE. Becuase most post I have read have been negative which makes me think. Thanks everyone.

Roxeerose, I can't address your wedding questions, but if you're interested in hearing about the ship, take a look at my very long review from last week's cruise. I had heard that they don't actually do the weddings on board, though. There was a bridal couple on our sailing, but it was announced that they were married in San Diego (our first port). The bride was still wearing her gown at the evening show. Yikes! I couldn't wait to get mine off. OK, minds out of the gutter!!! :eek:

By the way, Congratulations!!!!

I had heard that they don't actually do the weddings on board, though.

By the way, Congratulations!!!!

That would explain why I saw an entire wedding party get off a bus and get back on the ship in Ensenada!

Thanks for all the info. I have been on the Monarch a couple times and thats why I was asking if anyone has been married on it, because compared to alot (ok all) of the other ships there doesn't seem to be alot of options as to where to get married. I'm hoping that the other couples you saw decided to have the destination wedding, because we are planning on having some people who aren't able to sail with us as guests. And since we are only doing the 3 night, I highly doubt that they would travel down to Ensenada for just a couple hours. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again everyone.

Archived