How best to get/keep milk in cabin?

cascole

OK - I've done some searching & haven't really found a good answer for this - so I'm hoping my fellow toddler parents can assist... We're travelling on the Conquest in July & my little one still takes a nighttime bottle of milk. He also tends to like to have a bit when he first wakes in the morning on the weekends (aka when mom is being lazy getting up & about). How to do you keep milk in the cabin? Do you just order several glasses (cant recall how large they were) from room service - or can you actually bring/keep a 'jug' or something in the refigerator to refill each day at the buffet? Any advice?

Thanks!

They have pint sized cartons of milk out on the buffet during breakfast. You can get them at other times, but you have to ask a server for it (they keep it in the refrigerator during the day.)

I just keep a couple of those in the refrigerator (if our cabin has one) or in a collapsible cooler if our cabin has no refrigerator. I usually have a container of yogurt from the buffet in the refrigerator, as well. I also keep a little fruit in the room for snacking.

The boxes of cereal from the buffet make great take-along snacks for shore excursions.

Enjoy!

I brought a stack of dollar bills and just ordered milk from room service any time we needed some (usually along with coffee for me). It always came very quickly. I also would grab a few little cartons from the buffet if we went, but we usually went to the dining room for breakfast.

I actually also brought toddler formula - a small can of the powder - in case we needed some on the spot or on the go. I only used it when we went walking on shore though (with a bottle of water I brought from home and just filled from the tap on board).

Best,

Mia

Thank you both! I can't believe I forgot that the milk was in cartons at the buffett!!! :) The things you don't notice until you have a need! One less thing to worry about... and thanks for the great tip about the cereals!!!

That is exactly what we did: get the milk from buffet and put it in the fridge after having the mini bar cleared out. I was thinking we ordered milk from room service but now that I think about it that milk may have come in a glass and I don't like it like that.

We bring Parmalat milk or pediasure. My 4 year old likes them both. Parmalat come in boxes (at my grocery store they have a shelf of it right at the dairy case) either one big or a 3 pack of drink box size. It doesnt need to be refridgerated until opened & travels great. It comes in whole, 2%, 1% & skim. I dont drink it myself but like I sid my little girl drinks it when we travel & doesnt complain at least about her milk.

Great suggestions all! I've not seen the Parmalat here in S. CA, but I'll look again. I used the pediasure during a long flight last year & that worked out quite well also - I was just hoping to not have to use that for an entire week. :) Thanks again to everyone!!!

Wow looking at your posts I now realize how lucky we were! We cruised to Mexico when my twin girls were 18 months old and our steward, with out asking told us that he would have milk in our minibar every night and he did! It was an awesome cruise and we have just booked 14 day Hawaii on the Summit. I cant say enought positive things about Celebrity!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived