What if you miss your dinner time?

I THINK IT IS JUST PLAIN RUDE TO SHOW UP MORE THAN 5-10 MINUTES LATE, WE'VE HAD TABLEMATES BEFORE THAT WERE LATE EVERY NIGHT, 15-30 MINUTES, THEY SHOULD JUST CLOSE THE DOORS AT A CERTAIN TIME, TELL THEM TO TRY THE WINDJAMMER. IT'S JUST BAD MANNERS, THINK ABOUT YOUR TABLEMATES AND WAITERS, FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE LATE EVERY DAY BECAUSE YOU HAVE TEENAGERS OR WHATEVER, EITHER CHANGE YOUR HABITS OR EAT SOMEWHERE ELSE. yOU MAY THINK THE WAITERS DONT MIND, yOU SHOULD HEAR THE STORIES THEY TELL, SURE THEY'LL SMILE AND GREET YOU LIKE THEY ARE GLAD TO SEE YOU, BUT THEY WOULD RATHER YOU HADN'T SHOWED UP, TRUST ME. OK, I CAN GET OFF MY SOAPBOX NOW....I'M SURE MANY WILL AGREE WITH WHAT I SAID.

Being NEAR the dining room doesn't mean lining up.

We go to the lobby area that is near the dining entrance and we certainly do not line up. We may have a drink, find a seat, people watch, etc. We can tell when the doors open because the crowds start to dissipate. We get up and walk in along with everyone else. If you are dressed and in the public areas well before your dinner time, there shouldn't be any problems being on time. ;)

We were on the Splendour in April and they DID close the dining room doors...Im not sure how long after seating time this happened, but I know there were 2 sepreate nites that I went to the ladies room and had to use a 'side' door to leave and return. Maybe it depends on the ship or maybe there was a problem with people showing up late...(not sure)

I think the dining room is one of the funnest things on board, so I would not want to miss any of the experince by being late...but thats just me...

Archived