Carnival Glory Travelog

CaribbeanKim

Has anyone else gotten a Travelog video...specifically from the Glory sailing on 6/12/04? I have been on numerous cruises, but this was the first time that I decided to purchase the video. My daughters made sure that they were in several scenes, and we enjoyed watching them on the ship TV nightly. When we got home, we plopped in the video, expecting to watch onboard activities during our week........instead, we got a video showing some of the different shore excursions that were available...and I'm not even sure that the people on the video were ones that were on our cruise!! I was really dissappointed ...did I somehow get ahold of the wrong video? How can I exchange it (if it's not already too late)?

We had friends that got one of those videos and they experienced the same thing. That’s why I always take my own video, edit it on the computer with graphics and music, and then burn the video to DVD. I’ve bought both camcorders in the Caribbean, a Super Hi-8 in St. Thomas several years ago, and then a Digital 8 the St. Maarten. The prices are always better down there, and it’s duty free. I know what I’m getting because I take it myself.

I get my full of the cruise video during the week on the TV on the ship. There are only so many times you can watch that stuff. Taking my own video makes it much more personal, it’s really easy to do, and it’s cheap. The quality of the Digital-8 is awesome and the DVD will last longer.

Well, I don't know if I'm glad or not!! (knowing that I wasn't the only one to get suckered into buying a video that wasn't worth the money) I wasn't so much dissappointed for myself; but, for my daughter (who turned 18 on the ship) I don't think they should give the impression that you are going to be getting a video of onboard activities (that take place during your actual cruise)...instead of telling you, straight up...that it's just about different shore excursions that are available on the different islands. Maybe this thread will let others know (in advance) what NOT to spend their money on!!

Bottom line: I had a wonderful trip (although it didn't last long enough!!) and I'd do it all over again "in a heartbeat"!! I LOVE CARNIVAL (& St. Maarten)

Archived