TA loves shopping!

kala4

I need opinions on the San Gervasio ruins. DH and I originally wanted to go to Tulum but decided that we didn't want to spend all day on that tour. So we decided to do the Mayan Paradise Snuba/Snorkel tour and go to the San Gervasio ruins. Our travel agent is very against us going to San Gervasio (he says it is a pile of rocks). He was also against Tulum (which isn't a pile of rocks) so I guess he just doesn't like the ruins, period! He says we cannot go to Cozumel without seeing the town. We don't particularly like to shop and don't care about eating in any of the restaurants, but he insists this is the thing to do. Is the town really so great that we would be sorry if we missed it? Thanks for your opinions.

If you are interested in San Gervasio and are not interested in town, then go to San Gervasio....

Yes it is smaller than the mainland sites but it is more than a pile of rocks...You can actually spend time doing both, the ruins and a stroll around San Miguel. San Miguel is very nice and worth visiting but can get crowded when there are alot of cruise ships in...

here are some links you may find helpful...

http://wahootours.hyperboards.com/index.php?action=view_topic&topic_id=1790&post_id=8380#8380

http://www.cozumelparks.com.mx/eng/parks-sanervasio.asp

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2804905-san_gervasio_cozumel-i;_ylt=AlY4187e5CTF4pjKDbFBlcYgFmoL

I agree with Bruce. At the most, your TA should be saying "well, I love to shop and go into town but since you told me how much you like ruins..."

A TA who tries to get you to live their vacation dreams instead of yours should be discarded. We had a TA say to us, in reference to Vegas, that the only hotel worth staying in was the Venetian. Now, it's a nice hotel but Vegas has several incredible hotels and many good ones. I said that she must really have liked it and she said she's never been there, but really liked the Travel Channel Special on its being designed and built. Oy!

We have already booked our cruise through him so I don't think we can back out now. We figure we will just listen to what he has to say and then do what we want. We are not getting all that we wanted out of a TA, but hopefully he will be there for us if something goes wrong in our travels.

Archived