What is the minimum age for the Rock Wall?

Yes, must be 6 years old. My son was very bummed on his first cruise on the Navigator... he was 5 1/2.

Ice skating and in line skating do not have an age restriction do participate... but under 6 they must have a parent participating with them.

Do you recall a height requirement? I knew about the age but then I saw somewhere about the height. Just want to be sure before I tell my kids they can go on it and then they can't (they are small for their age)

have never seen a height requirement for rock wall or skating. However, new pictures from the freedom show that riders on the flow rider must be at least 54 inches to do the body board and 58 inches to stand and surf. My son is stretching himself daily to grow 2 more inches before our Feb 2007 freedom cruise!!!!!!!!!

Yes, must be 6 years old. My son was very bummed on his first cruise on the Navigator... he was 5 1/2.

Ice skating and in line skating do not have an age restriction do participate... but under 6 they must have a parent participating with them.

Hi, Wendy. I have a question. Can you "rent" in-line and ice skates or do you have to bring your own from home? I have been wondering this. Thanks for any info! ~Karen

They have everything you need in all sizes!!!! Skates and safety equiptment ( helmets and pads if you want).

They will have an attendent there to provide you with the equiptment... and have you sign a waiver for children under 12 (i think that is the age... dont know... mine is under 8 so I have always had to sign)

also... Rock wall attendent will be there to provide climbing shoes and equiptment for climbing.

Must have long pants to ice skate... must have socks to rock climb!!!!!

Hi, Wendy. I have a question. Can you "rent" in-line and ice skates or do you have to bring your own from home? I have been wondering this. Thanks for any info! ~Karen
They have them onboard. I wouldn't bring them.

Just a note to the topic: The rock wall only has shoes down to a certain size. Sorry can't remember but think it was about a kids 3, my daughter was old enough but her shoes were huge. She is now 12 and is just now getting into 3's!! Not normal I know but I keep telling her she is going to have a great time at the sale racks later in life :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

Hi! My daughter was six when we cruised the Grandeur last December and they had a pair of shoes just her size (kids 1). I don't know if we just got lucky or what, but she had a blast. She's little for her age, too, but they did check the passenger list for her DOB, to confirm she was old enough and I had to sign a waiver.

Good Luck! And have fun!!!

J.

Well I'm certainly glad to hear about the age requirement only. I found a cruise compass on line and noticed that where they advertised the rock wall climbing it said must be 6yrs old and 48 inches tall. Sounds like it's just the age they look at.

Your daughter is what? Three? Too young for the rock wall, I think.
If RCCL allowed it, I would permit it. I will make the decisions on what my child is too young for thank you. She climbs them all of the time where there are no such restrictions on age.

Archived