Day sail in St Thomas or St Maarten

bialy

We are looking for a great half or full day snorkeling/sailing excursion in either St Thomas or St Maarten, but...we have 7 people in our group and many of the boats seem to hold only 6 guests. Any suggestions that you have tried and loved that hold more than 6? Thanks!

I would e-mail Captain Bobby and see if he would let 7 on his boat, Rumbaba. There is room for 4 to sit in the shade and plenty of room on either side of the boat for others who are more adventuresome. We had an absolutely wonderful day with Bobby and Karen. We went to two very good snorkeling sites, had an amazing lunch and really enjoyed their company. http://www.rumbabacharters.com/

Brooke

We had an absolutely perfect daysail with Captain Bobby and Karen on Rumbaba! I highly recommend them! Karen had homemade bread and quiches for breakfast...freshly grilled tuna, steaks and mahi-mahi for lunch and Pirate Painkillers to wash them down! Five stars! We saw more fish than we ever had snorkelling - twice.

Great people! Great boat! Awesome day! The highlight of our cruise!:D

I would suggest http://www.interlinesail.com Jan and Omar will take care of all your needs. If you have 7, they will run 2 sailboats side by side. It is a lot of fun! They are very personalized and will do just about whatever you would like. We have sailed with them a few times and friends have also went with them and were very happy I suggested them.

We just returned from St Thomas and was with Capt Bob and it was the very best experience of our cruise. Great food...the very best..however the subject came up about his max number of people he could take and he said he could not take more than 6

Jim & Shirley

• 2 weeks later...
I would suggest www.interlinesail.com Jan and Omar will take care of all your needs. If you have 7, they will run 2 sailboats side by side. It is a lot of fun! They are very personalized and will do just about whatever you would like. We have sailed with them a few times and friends have also went with them and were very happy I suggested them.

We just returned from Disney Cruise and did a 1/2 day sail with interlinesail also. We had a great time. I would highly recommend them also. They were excellent also with small kids. The boat slo dancin was very clean and well maintained. 1st class.

Kevin and Lori

from St. Petersburg

We did a day sail in March 2005 (HAL Zuiderdam Cruise) on the Rumbaba. It was one of the best trips we've ever booked - very reasonable for what you get. Captain Bobby & 1st Mate Karen were great. Excellent snorkeling, food, drinks, music - just a fantastic day.

If you don't care if others are on board, we went on an all-day catamaran sail on Daydreamer:

http://daydreamervi.com/

It was awesome! They picked us up at Sapphire Beach Pier and provided juice, cut-up fruit and muffins for breakfast. We chose to go to the British Virgin Island of Jost Van Dyke so take your passport if you want to go there. They also do half-day trips to other places. We stopped at a great snorkeling spot, saw lots of fish and turtles. They called in our lunch orders to Foxy's on Jost Van Dyke. After lunch, they sailed us around to the other part of the island where there are several bars, one of which is Soggy Dollar. The beach was gorgeous there. We had to get off the boat and go through customs at St. John on the return, but that didn't take long. It was a wonderful day and I'd highly recommend them!

I would definately recommend Captain Bobby too! We were on the Rumbaba this past April. Great experience. Great food, actually the food was awesome, great stories, great sun, great sail, great drinks. Best snorkeling of the week! We snorkeled near a reef at the foot of the hill that Michael Jordan has a home on St. Johns and near the beach that Rene Zellweger and Kenny Chesney got married. A totally awesome day!

Yes! We just told Captain Bobby at the beginning of the trip when we had to be back and he made sure of it! If your reading good things on the boards about private tours then you can pretty well feel comfortable with what others are saying. If your reading bad review, then I'd stay away from a particular tour. I've been reading the boards now for 3 years and have booked all but one excurision privately, the other one was with the ship, and by far I have never been dissappointed. All have been excellant.

We alway tell the tour guide that well post a favorable review on Cruise Critic too. They read the boards and know what the word of mouth is doing for their business.

My opinion, you can't go wrong with Captain Bobby and the Rumbaba!

Can someone supply me with contact information for Captain Bobby? Everyone that's sailed with him has had a fantastic time and I would love to book him for our cruise next year.

Many thanks!

"D"

Archived