Alcohol, NFL running backs, & naked debauchery…my EOS review with pictures.

Sorry I mised your posts...I was at the beach yesterday :cool: .

Happy,

The only part of Belize that my group saw (including the girls) was the small portion from the tender area to the water taxi station. It reminded me, aestetically speaking, of Ocho Rios, I would maybe wait to buy jewelry at Cozumel or Grand Cayman.

We talked to rccl and they are putting our group of 19 at two tables that are next to each other and yes our group will be out late!

Moofus,

I am kidding of course about your suite :) .

As for Belize...I always reconmend booking excursions locally unless it's something special through the ship. I think most in our group are gonna catch the water taxi and then just find someone locally on Caye Caulker like we did last year. There were a ton of operations on the island.

You can also find a lot of guides right when you get off tender in Belize. I've never used any of them so I would suggest reading the Belize board.

All the times I've been to Cozumel I'm yet to book a tour there. We always take taxis or rent jeeps and then hit some beaches and shopping before ending up at Carlos & Charlies. I've heard good things about eagle ray divers. I would go to the Cozumel board and post a specific question...there are a ton of posters that could help you out. Also try cozumelinsider.com & cozumelcruiseexcursions.com.

Most in our group is in their early 30's (I'm 28) and believe it or not we're pretty cultured :D . We went to some ruins in Cozumel (that were so so) but some in our group went to Chacchoban in Costa Maya and absolutely loved it. They also had time to meet up with us on the beach.

I personally like to make Costa Maya my lazy beach day and spend most of it floating down the coast from bar to bar.

Good luck on your real estate quest. I've heard the same about it being affordable there...my girlfriend and I talked about selling everything and moving down to Caye Caulker to open a dive & fishing charter. It's very hard to start a business or gain a work permit in Belize so we also looked at Costa Maya briefly. We're gonna do it some day!

20 Days to go!

Chris

Hey Moofus...how's it going? Just to follow up on what my brother (Grizzy) posted, you can definitely find a good local snorkeling tour either once you get to Belize City in the Tourism Village or on Caye Caulker. The company we used last year was Mario's Tours. As we arrived in Caye Caulker there was a gentlemen there who asked us what we wanted to do and then proceeded to take us via golf cart right to Mario's door....what service!!

The 25-30 year olds in your group should have no problem keeping themselves busy in Costa Maya. Just have them grab a taxi down to Majahual, walk to the far end of the fishing village to a bar call Pez Quadro and start your day there swimming, sunning, eating and drinking your way back up the beach! It's a great day to just spend on the beach and enjoying the inexspensive eats and drinks.

18 days left!!!

Happy Go Lucky -

Just to follow up on what Grizzy already posted in regards to your jewelry question. The only thing I remember seeing in Belize was a small outdoor market area near the tourism village that sold local handmade crafts/jewelry...mostly beaded stuff and some silver. Definitely wait to do that kind of shopping in Cozumel...it's more fun to "haggle" with them too.

Ok....?!?! Yet another random exclamation from a confused NFL fan. It's going to be another long cold winter in Buffy! While we're on the subject...have fun playing the Bucs down here in mid-September when it will be 100+ degrees on the field at game time...sure beats a trip up to Buffalo in December!!

Hey Grizzy and TT Cruiser-I've been packed since Dec. or so, with the exception of clothes and camera. You could say I'm a little excited.

Hope to party with your group atleast once, you all sound fun and crazy!

Are you packed?

Hey jrlaurie...how's it going?

No, haven't started packing yet...but the thought has crossed my mind! LOL You all are more than welcome to party with our group during the cruise...the more the merrier right?

16 days and counting!

I'm getting excited!!! But won't start packing until the week before. can't wait to meet you wild and crazy people.

As posted on the M and M post, I finally broke down and got glasses yesterday... Kind of a dissappointment after spending 4000 on LASIK,, but not as bad as those who are sailing grandeur this week and next,, wonder how we will do docking in CostaMaya., wonder if we will really stop there after all this,, I kind of hope we have another sea day instead.!

What are your real names? Are you listed with cabin numbers etc, on the M & M board. Apparently everyone knows our cabin number already! But we have a door bell and peephole( can you imagine ) so we can see who is knocking and if we will let them in HEE HEE HEE. Kinda worried that we might not meet afterall. I don't know if we will do the pre sail away at the Heli pad, but will go Monday to the Official M and M, will you and your group be there?

moofus,

My name is Chris (grizzy) and my brother's name is Jeff (TTCruiser).

Sorry to hear about your lasik snafu...that really sucks.

From what I've read about the Costa Maya situation it sounds like they are docking ships like nothing happened. I don't think the dock sustained any damage. We love the port days way more than the days at sea so we definitely don't want to miss any. Costa Maya is beautiful and I would rather miss Belize if I had to pick.

We'll try to make the meet and mingle but isn't during the bellyflop contest? That's always a blast to watch.

Getting excited?

Chris

Hey Moofus...how's it going?

Yeah, a few of us are planning on going to the Meet and Mingle. I don't think we'll be doing the sail away on the heli-pad either, so hopefully we'll bump into you at the M & M party or before!

Doing fine,, looking forward to the cruise next sunday.

Still can't see a darned thing,, back to glasses. I am so bummed about this!

Hope to meet you at the M and M,,, oops, I bettter register today

I might try to head to the Heli-port.. sounds like fun!

I guess if we don't meet you before, we can figure out your crowd at some nightclub or something?

Hello All!

I was just reviewing these posts and read that they're some craps players out there! My husband spends alot of time next to the croupier!! He's had a fairly good streak at paying for our cruises before he's left the ship. So if you're around the craps table and see "Kenny Rogers" pleasssse introduce yourself! After all you're already "friends" through this site. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Deb

Good morning all...how's it going?

Gary & Debbie - Yes, my brother (grizzy) and I will definitely be hanging around the craps tables throughout the cruise...we'll be sure to say "hello" if we spot your husband.

Here's a picture, so if you see us around the boat...come and say "Hi"

http://community.webshots.com/photo/144807114/144808321XNVODV

How's it going? I was thinking yesterday, "Come Sunday, She is just around the corner and on her way back for us".

Are you all ready, and packed? I'm definetly ready. I'll be packing on Friday, and out the door Saturday.

Archived