Port of Tampa - car rental ?

polymerpig

Are there car rental places near the Port of Tampa or is there transportation available to go to wherever the car rental places are (airport?). I've only tried to do this once before (in Vancouver) and remember that we watched everyone with reservations for different car companies get their luggage and leave, but we waited literally hours to be taken in a tiny van to some remote location to get our car. I'd rather not repeat that!

Thanks

As far as I can recall there is not a car rental place near the port. There is one in the downtown area but only has a small amount of cars. Most of the rental locations are near the airport and suburbs. You can however make a reservation with Enterprise and they will pick you up at the port in "your" car, not a bus or van. I try to remember to check out the rental locations on my way to work later this week. Sorry I couldn't help more.

If you do go with Enterprise, be sure to double check before your ship leaves. We ended up waiting when our reservation had been recorded on their calendar for May rather than April. We didn't need to wait the whole month, but it wasn't the best ending for a wonderful cruise.

Archived