First day of Weight Watchers

nkdelgado

Thanks for the support Diane. I think you nailed it completely a dollar sign and the fact that she seemd to think she was holding some great secret. Anybody that wanted to could buy a welcome pckg on ebay and have a decent idea what to do. I've lost 20lbs so far and I've got 22lbs to go .I'll make it. With the support of this board.

Have a great weekend everyone

Jeff

Hi all,

Had my first weigh in today. Lost 2.2 lbs. I'm on my way! I'm very lucky to have a friendly bunch at my meetings. Being from a relatively small area, it was like 'old home week'. I met a lot of people I hadn't seen in years and recognized a lot of familiar faces from around town. I also met a women who shares my two favourite food cravings. Potato chips and our local grocery store birthday cake!! We sat together and I'm sure she'll be my shoulder to lean on in the months ahead. As well as my best friend "JALAKIM" and all of you.

Congratulations to everyone who made it through another week!

Judy

I should weigh in today, but I know I have gained again. :( I know what I need to do, weigh in and go from there. I have not been able to stick to WW since I came back from vacation.

I am having such a hard time at home. My husband does not need to watch his weight and I have two teen boys that can eat anything any time they want. I have to have snacks in the house because of them. Any advice would be appreciated.

Just reading how well everyone is doing is encouragement, that it can be done.

Minnie75kids...that is a great website. I love all the restaurants they list with the point values.

Hi Everyone,

Ok. I just had my first weigh in ....keep in mind this was for two weeks ( last week was a holiday) and I lost 8.6 lbs. I am so thrilled. Thanks everyone for the hints and support , especially you Judy.

Kim

Ok, so I was uber excited this morning when I got on the scale and had lost 1.8 pounds this week! So a total of 2.8 for 3 weeks. I will definitely take it! Especially since I know I am not working out as much as I should be.

Next, congrats to Kim for her weight loss!

Minnie - Thanks for the site, very helpful and I have never been there before.

Madelyn - I cant imagine how hard it is for you, as I dont have kids and I can imagine that losing weight can be very difficult with kids. Maybe spend some time thinking about if this is the right time for you to work on loosing weight and making changes to your lifestyle. I know that I have tried to loose weight before when my heart wasnt there and I just wasnt ready. It is truly something that you need to be ready to do. Just something to think about.

I am also very excited as we just booked a cruise in January for my grandmother's 80th birthday. I cant think of a better reason for a cruise!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

I weighed in on Monday and had a .6 lb loss. I know that isn't much but I was so afraid to go to WW because I thought I had gained 1-2lbs. That was just what I needed to get me back on track.

It always helps having a cruise coming up in a few months to keep me motivated.:)

Kim...nice weight loss for the first couple of weeks.

I weighed in on Monday and had a .6 lb loss. I know that isn't much but I was so afraid to go to WW because I thought I had gained 1-2lbs. That was just what I needed to get me back on track.

It always helps having a cruise coming up in a few months to keep me motivated.:)

Kim...nice weight loss for the first couple of weeks.

Madelyn,

Good for you!!!

Our leader said it best. If you thought you had gained 2 lbs and you didn't then it is like losing 2 lbs, because that is 2 lbs you don't have to work at losing again.

Hello,

I've been really busy and unable to post for about a month now. It seems like forever. My weight has been fluctuating a fair amount also. I joined curves 1 week ago and I hope that will help. I do not like to sweat!!!! I'm lazy. We are planning another weekend out of town. That is so hard. Went to a family reunion/wedding 2 weeks ago and the cake was just for me (or so I thought) It does seem like vacation is OK for cheating. Someday I hope to accept these "life changes" and they will become 2nd nature to me. I started WW in July and have been averaging about 1 pound a week loss. I am very impatient I want what I want when I want it. I know that I didn't gain it all overnight and age and menopause also have their effects. OK So much for excuses, I have an addiction to sweets and need to avoid them and realize that it is not a punishment but just another fact of life. Thankfully with WW it does allow me to have a special treat every now and then. I go back tomorrow to weigh in I Hope that it will be good results. I also hope that I can stay on track this weekend with my eating and exercising while out of town. Wish me luck.

Denise

Hi Denise, I have been AWOL also and just did get back on track problem is I seem to derail every two weeks or so. I haven't been to WW for 3 weeks, I'm using the excuse that I have been out of town but I know I could of gone other days I just want to get down to where I was when I left. Dumb huh!!! My addiction's aren't sweets I would be Potatoes, Bread, that kind of thing in large quanities. You know mindless eating! Solving our problems with food!1

I need to stop that!

Dianne

I have also been away for a month. We were in Nova Scotia visiting family and attending a wedding. Went to WW today and lost 4 lbs, 3 of which I had found before we left. So I'm pleased with that.

It's the end of my coupon special that I started in May so now I have to decide if I want to continue. In 16 weeks I lost 11.2 lbs which is good for me considering meds that I am on until surgery in Sept.

Must go cook a healthy dinner - have lots of fresh veggies from our CSA so no excuses!

Mo

Mo, good to see you back, how was Nova Scotia?? I have never been there but from the pictures I see it looks beauitful.

I'm so glad your having good results from WW. I am getting back on track and need to attend those meetings, it keeps my mind right:)

I know Meds can make it very difficult to lose weight you should be proud of yourself.

Dianne

Archived