Documentation / Dress Code

Toffeegirl68

(originally brought up in the Ascot Ball thread)

Apart from the single sheets of paper forwarded to us from our travel agent, we received a 36 page printed booklet (A4 size). It has our names on the front and the date of our sailing. It contains all sorts of basic information....Embarkation and Disembarkation information (including booking forms if needed), a pre-voyage information sheet (for you to complete and send back), visa info, Spa info, gifts, health info...

As requested by wotec, here's the bit about the dress code:

Daytime wear: The general atmosphere onboard is elegant, but relaxed, and you will enjoy dressing comfortably while indulging in a variety of moods. Casual wear is best for the ships restaurants and interior public rooms. Swimsuits, brief shorts, exercise clothing and cover-ups should be reserved for poolside lounging, deck activities and the SpaClub.

Evening Wear: One of the joys of sailing with Cunard Line is the glamour evenings at sea. In keeping with the high standards of elegance aboard Queen Mary 2, we request that you dress for dinner as you would for a fine restaurant. There will be 2 formal nights per week. Dress suggestions are listed each day in the ship's Daily Programme.

Evening attire will be specified as one of the following:

Formal: Tuxedo (alternatively a dark suit) for men. Evening gown, cocktail dress or other formal attire for women.

Informal: Jacket and tie required for men. Dress, pantsuit or similar for women.

Casual: For men, slacks and sweater or shirt. For women, skirt or slacks with a sweater or blouse.

I love the bit about dress suggestions in the daily programme - it's as if you have your entire wardrobe with you, so you can pick what is listed as appropriate on the day!

Finally - my tickets arrived in as a spiral bound 24 page booklet inside a leather bound wallet, embossed with the Cunard logo.

(One week to go. I am SO excited!)

Hi Toffeegirl,

I'm also sailing on the May 17th crossing. As this was a really last minute decision (I booked back-to-back crossings last week!!), I haven't received any of the documentation - are there any events I should be planning something special for?

Thanks,

Beth

HI

LIKE YOU WEARE GOING ON THE QM 2 ON THE 17TH MAY CANT WAIT .

IS THIS YOUR 1ST TIME ON A CRUISE?

ARE YOU STAYING IN NEW YORK FOR A FEW DAYS?? IF SO WHERE ARE YOU STAYING/

HAVE YOU PACKED? i THOUGHT TODAY I WOULD PACK BUT NOT STARTED YET:eek:

WELL HOPE YOU HAVE A SAFE TRIP TO THE QM 2 ON THE 17TH MAY

GREETINGS

JOHANNE

p.s we were born the same year!!! will you do something special on your birthday??

HI

will you do something special on your birthday??

I'm sailing with Cunard on the QM2 !!!!

I will be easy to spot - I'll be the other young (ish) person with a big grin on their face! 38 is still young in my book.

We will be staying in NY for 2 nights via a Cunard package - and we had a 'practice pack' last night to make sure that all my dresses would fit in my suitcase. (Hubby has suggested I set up a dress hire shop.)

Hi Toffeegirl,

are there any events I should be planning something special for?

Thanks,

Beth

Sorry Bronbeth - forgot to answer your question.... In my documentation, the itinery is as follows:

17 Wed Southampton, England, Depart 6pm

18 Thu Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

19 Fri Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

20 Sat Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

21 Sun Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

22 Mon Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

23 Tue New York, New York, Arrive 6.30am

Somewhere between Southampton and New York there is:

1. Captain's Gala Ball (Formal, Black and White attire)

2. Ascot Ball (Formal, Hats Optional)

Congraulations - I remember how impressed I was with the wallet and the ticket book. In fact I'm leaving on the Regal Princess next week and I have all my docs in the QM2 wallet.

I guess I'll get another one for my Sept. trip.

Enjoy - I absolutely fell in love with the ship and of course that's why I'm going on her again.

when I asked what you will do on your birthday i understand being on QM 2 is wonderful but will you do a spa or do something special on the day :)

I also had a wonderful 38th birthday surprise so enjoy

Do you think we will be the only 2 38 years young on board( my husband is older than me !!!! )

Dont know if it works for birthdays but they might do something special as we have our wedding anniversary and we get champagne, flowers... in our room you never know ask and you might get ( it is a free service)

we done the dress rehearsal too but still not packed yet :eek:

this time next week 5 ***** + for us

Johanne

Last year the wedding anniversary package gave you a bottle of Perrier Jouet (only the NV, but it is still a nice wine), flowers (which were somewhat lost with the various flowers around the cabin anyway - they were somewhat less impressive!), a free photograph, a certificate from the Master and a cake after dinner on the nearest date.

The cake was a pity - nothing like as nice as the puddings we'd had every other night. Still, we could have asked them to take it upstairs to our cabin and had it later!

Archived