Excursions and Camp Carnival

ajoyn716

Hi. I wanted to know what the policy is for going on an excursion at port and leaving kids at Camp Carnival. Last year we went on the Fascination and did our own things at port so took our 4 year old son at the time with us when we got off the ship. This year, we are going on the Imagination and want to do Dunns River Falls. I know we can't take our now 5 year old son on that excursion. What are the policies about leaving him in the camp?

Andrea

No problem! On port days, the camp is open from when the ship docks to sailaway, with no closures. If you're not on board at lunchtime, they feed the kids.

We've never left ours, although they have asked us to! If you have no other family members on board, I would either take a ship-sponsored excursion, or plan to be back on the ship well before sailaway...I'm always afraid something would happen - can you imagine standing on the dock watching your ship sail away into the sunset (bad enough!) but with your kids on it alone!! Well - not technically alone, but still! :eek:

Hope your enjoy your Carnival cruise...Happy sailing!

Thanks for your response. Last year we took our son with us on our own excursions. I heard by hearsay that if we took ship sponsored excursions, you can leave the kids. This was by the end of the cruise after stopping at all ports. This year, we want to go to Dunns River Falls so we are considering leaving him on board. Maybe if we get out early enough, we could come back and take him somewhere as well. :D

Thanks again

Andrea

Splendour of the Seas 11/96

Fascination 5/05

Imagination 6/06

It's my understanding that you can leave them in the camp on port days regardless of what you do. One day, we returned from an excursion early, and the kids wanted to go to camp. We signed them in and got back off to shop at the pier. When we signed them in, the counselors didn't ask whether we were staying on the ship or not.

Have fun!

Archived