Help A Newbie With Group Question?!!

I have just joined the boards so bear with me!! I am amazed by all the experts here so I'm hoping you can help me out. We are cruising in June on the Mariner. It will be our second cruise. Last one was on VOS in June 2003. There will be 26 of us this time. Of the 26, only 16 have booked through my TA ....for a number of different reasons. We have booked 2 D1's, 3 E2's, 1 Promenade and 2 Inside cabins. I should probably mention that one of the D1's has only one person in it and one of the inside cabins has 3 people in it....don't kow if that makes a difference. Anyway, I have been reading about things like getting a free berth for 16 paid guests and other perks for groups...something about points which I don't understand. I have not heard from my TA and was going to call today because I just read about a price drop on the promenade rooms which I was going to ask her to check on. My question is....what should we expect for a group like this and what should I be asking my TA with regard to points? Can someone explain all of this for me? :confused: Thank you in advance for any advice you can give and for being patient with a newbie!!:cool:

The group amenities are only available if booked as a group, in group reservations. If the agent booked in individual res, she may be able to change it to the groups department. She would have to contact RCCL. The one free berth is based on 8 cabins double occupancy. The $ amount would be in the category where the majority of cabins were booked. Port charges, taxes and gov't fees still need to be paid. A third person in a cabin does not count toward the tour conductor (free berth). It looks like you have already made final payment...not sure if this can be chaged to groups at this time. If this can be moved, youwill need to ask your agent what amenities are available and the number of GAP points. She will be able to explain all of the points and what they are worth to you. Good Luck!

Archived