Cost of alcoholic drinks on "Dawn"?

wingwoman63

Greetings, all. First time cruiser here out of NYC on the Dawn, 5/13.

I have been reading lots of info here (thanks to all who post! What a wealth of information you all provide!)

Question re: alcoholic drink prices on the Dawn:

~How much (approx.) do they charge for a well-drink cocktail, like a vodka tonic?

~How about those exotic rum drinks with umbrellas?

~Are there some cheaper places to get drinks on board, or do they all cost the same?

~Are there any drink specials to look out for?

~What do y'alls bar/drink tabs add up to at the end of a week?

Thanks to all in advance.

Greetings, all. First time cruiser here out of NYC on the Dawn, 5/13.

I have been reading lots of info here (thanks to all who post! What a wealth of information you all provide!)

Question re: alcoholic drink prices on the Dawn:

~How much (approx.) do they charge for a well-drink cocktail, like a vodka tonic?

~How about those exotic rum drinks with umbrellas?

~Are there some cheaper places to get drinks on board, or do they all cost the same?

~Are there any drink specials to look out for?

~What do y'alls bar/drink tabs add up to at the end of a week?

Thanks to all in advance.

hi again wingwoman63...be aware that there is a autogratuity added on each drink order receipt...my DH and i continually added anywhere from $3-$5 dollar tips in each case...BOY...did someone make out good...but hey...they work hard!...we were happy...they were happy...:) for our 10 day cruise...our ship tab total was a wopping $1,079.00...but...keep in mind the $10.00 a day service charge per pax...i only bought a few small things in the galleria...we dined in one speciality resturant...and that was only $40.00 with tip...our two shore excursions were on there also....uuuuummm...oh...and we did spend a bit on drinks for others...i'd say our drink bill was pretty hefty!!:eek:

I have frequently seen a mention that you'll get a souvenir glass by default and charged for it, like $2 to $3. So you may want to ask about that, or say "no souvenir glass" when you order.

I've also seen complaints about requesting name brands like Grey Goose, getting charged for them and not getting them poured unless you are standing at the bar.

Here is a thread about drinks on the Jewel, and what tabs some run up

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=325976

I have frequently seen a mention that you'll get a souvenir glass by default and charged for it, like $2 to $3. So you may want to ask about that, or say "no souvenir glass" when you order.

We were on the one night and the drinks in the souvenir cups cost $9.20!

Archived