Spirit Class Balconies - Do They Open Up

I read somewhere and I cannot remember where that NONE of the balconies on the Spirit Class ships will open up between cabins. Can anyone verify this

we have two extended balconies side by side and would like to open the

balcony divider up, do they open. They are along the side of the ship. Each

time you call Carnival you get a different answer.

From what I have heard, yes they open. Just go to the pursers desk as soon as you board and ask. They only open a certain amount, so if you wait, it may be too late. I have seen pics on here with them open. Enjoy your balcony and your cruise. We are on the Miracle in 10 days, aft balcony #4237. Can't wait.

Jess and Lyn

We were on the Carnival Spirit in Jan 06 with side by side cabins. We personally could not open the divider between the balconies HOWEVER all it took was a stop at the purser's desk and that afternoon one of the staff had come to unlock & open and "secure" the divider panel so that we could walk one one cabin to the next via the balcony. It was absolutely wonderful plus gave some extra running room for my 3 year old nephew.

It will take up a bit of room on one side or the other, but is totally worth it! To see our cabin balconys (on The Pride) with the dividers opened, click the link to my pictures and choose the "embarkation" album.

Here's the direct link to the balcony pictures (so you don't have to wade through the whole album!) This was from the balcony of 8171 looking at the balcony of 8173. You can see that the divider doesn't lay flat - it takes up some of the room on the balcony (Why they designed it this way, I don't know!!!) Anyway, it was still totally worth it to all be able to relax and drink together on the balcony!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/549385184/2344146250047282162OezUtO

Archived