QE2 16th June change of itinerary?

TJL

Maybe it's just me being daft but just looked on the Cunard website and I'm sure they've been tinkering with the order of ports of call for the Land of the Midnight Sun Cruise. They also seem to have completely dropped Gerainger from the itinerary - which would be a shame.

Maybe it's just me being daft but just looked on the Cunard website and I'm sure they've been tinkering with the order of ports of call for the Land of the Midnight Sun Cruise. They also seem to have completely dropped Geiranger from the itinerary - which would be a shame.

They look to have changed the order of the ports. Hellesylt is still shown - that's normally only a stop to drop off passengers on full day tours - so I would think that you'd go onto Geiranger after that. I can't see them not going up Geiranger Fjord but it might be worth contacting them to check.

I'm just about to get my itinerary from the voyage booklet to check. But Hellesylt is only a drop off port for the all day overhand ports to Geiranger, so I'd not worry about that too much.

Order of ports don't ultimately matter, but Geiranger is one of the highlights.

They have, it appears, alterered the order of the ports. It means that Bergen falls on a Sunday and not Stavanger. I'm sure that they have their reasons for doing this, but I can't actually see a disadvantage.

We were in Alesund last time on a Sunday and it was as dead as a doornail. If I were to lose a city port I'd have chosen Bergen, and we're unlikely to get off the ship, so no loss to us at all!

I simply don't believe they would have Hellesylt on the list if Geiranger wasn't also - it would make a complete nonsense of the day and lose them the chance of a lot of money on trips. Can you see them doing that?

Yes, thinking about it you're absolutely right. It'd make no sense to stop off at Hellesylt but drop Geiranger - Cunard would lose a fortune if they had to drop all those day-long excursions!

Oh well, back to eager anticipation... only 5 weeks to go - hurrah!

:)

Indeed - five weeks today we'll be replete after the first meal on board!

I rang Cunard today. The ports have altered in order to avoid congestion. Geiranger is on still - it is a typo as I thought.

A letter will be going out to explain all this soon.

Hope that helps those who are going!

Archived