Never Again On Msc!

maclady

We Sailed On The Msc Sinfonia Eclipse Cruise(march 22-april4) This Was A Unique Itinerary-the Ports Were Thrilling- And The Company Of About 1500 Other Eclipse Chasers Was Wonderful. The Ship,however Was Terrible. We Are Experienced Cruisers- 6 Holland America,2 Princess(with A 3rd Booked) And 2 Celebrity.MSC Can't Hold A Candle To These Lines. We Had Terrible Noises In Our Cabin During The Night. We Had Requested A Quiet Cabin. The Engineer Was Sent To Check Our Cabin-we Had Him Come When We Were Awaked At 3am With Thuds And Thumps. He And The Front Desk People Said There Was No Reason For The Noise. After 3 Days We Went To The Hotel Services Manager And He Got Us Moved-and Told Us We Were Next To A CREW SERVICE Elevator. I Had Been Told By MSC That The Pool Would Be Heated-untrue. Also Pool Is Either 1 Foot Deep Or 6 Feet-no In-between For Aerobics Or Walking. I Had A Wet Suit Top With Me-so I Was Usually The Only One In The Pool. Dining Room Food Was Mediocre-even The Pasta, Fish Filets Were Not Completely Deboned On 3 Occasions. I Stopped Ordering Fish. I May Sound Like A Complainer-but I Actually Have Always Had Fabulous Cruise Experiences. I,m Pretty Easy To Please,but I Will Never TAke An MSC Cruise Again-even If It Was Free!

• 2 weeks later...
I May Sound Like A Complainer-but I Actually Have Always Had Fabulous Cruise Experiences. I,m Pretty Easy To Please,but I Will Never TAke An MSC Cruise Again-even If It Was Free!

LOL. You may "sound like a complainer"? That's exactly what you are. Thumps, wet suit, bones in fish? Give me a break! ROTFLMAO

LOL. You may "sound like a complainer"? That's exactly what you are. Thumps, wet suit, bones in fish? Give me a break! ROTFLMAO

Your not new to CC boards as you are very active on Princess. However, why start on this MSC CC and start flaming someone? In your opinion, that person is a complainer. Regardless of your opinion that person was provided their experience.

Have you ever cruised MSC?

Apparently you had nothing else to do so you went on a fishing expedition and had to add your 2 cents of 'added value.' What do you consider yourself? A trouble maker! LOL

We Sailed On The Msc Sinfonia Eclipse Cruise(march 22-april4) This Was A Unique Itinerary-the Ports Were Thrilling- And The Company Of About 1500 Other Eclipse Chasers Was Wonderful. The Ship,however Was Terrible. We Are Experienced Cruisers- 6 Holland America,2 Princess(with A 3rd Booked) And 2 Celebrity.MSC Can't Hold A Candle To These Lines. We Had Terrible Noises In Our Cabin During The Night. We Had Requested A Quiet Cabin. The Engineer Was Sent To Check Our Cabin-we Had Him Come When We Were Awaked At 3am With Thuds And Thumps. He And The Front Desk People Said There Was No Reason For The Noise. After 3 Days We Went To The Hotel Services Manager And He Got Us Moved-and Told Us We Were Next To A CREW SERVICE Elevator. I Had Been Told By MSC That The Pool Would Be Heated-untrue. Also Pool Is Either 1 Foot Deep Or 6 Feet-no In-between For Aerobics Or Walking. I Had A Wet Suit Top With Me-so I Was Usually The Only One In The Pool. Dining Room Food Was Mediocre-even The Pasta, Fish Filets Were Not Completely Deboned On 3 Occasions. I Stopped Ordering Fish. I May Sound Like A Complainer-but I Actually Have Always Had Fabulous Cruise Experiences. I,m Pretty Easy To Please,but I Will Never TAke An MSC Cruise Again-even If It Was Free!
Have just taken the transatlanic cruise on the Lirica and had a fab time, food and entertainment were first class and we WILL DO IT AGAIN...

Have just taken the transatlanic cruise on the Lirica and had a fab time, food and entertainment were first class and we WILL DO IT AGAIN...

Yo-

Happy to hear good things about our 'Lirica' and the fact that it was a great all around cruise for you (as were our two cruises on the 'Lirica')-

Mike

Well we got back from the Sinfonia last sunday. Our inside cabin, 8257, about four cabins from the rear (aft I think), was very quiet, very clean, very comfortable with a good use of mirrors and enough cupboard space for two people although that particular cabin can sleep 4. (wouldn't like to be there with 4 people in it) Our towels were bigger than on Sea Princess (the only other ship I've been on) and were clean but not the newest towels I've seen. The shower was, how can I put it....small, but plenty of hot water and a good shower flow and as people have said before, the shower curtain and I became very attached!!!! The food was, in my opinion, a bit disappointing, however, we certainly didn't go hungry and the waiting staff were charming. Mostly Italians on board, and they can be noisy, but there was always room to get away from it all, even on the sunbathing decks. I'm not one to complain unless something is really unacceptable, so all in all...no complaints...except ...the cruise wasn't long enough ;)

I'm sorry that the OP had a bad experience on MSC.

Although not my favorite line, I can appreciate MSC's product - however I also certainly understand that it's not for most American tastes - and the front desk staff can be a bit - er, tiresome shall we say? to deal with...

I will say tho that some fish are, by their very nature, nearly impossible to debone completely.

I find it quite strange that when someone posts their experience, if it is negative they are flamed. Why ??? They were there .. you were not. This person described the good, the bad and the ugly ... no need to flame the person. Get a life!

Maybe needs a bigger whip, to keep beating that horse

I find it totally amazing that when someone posts a bad experience on this line that the "MSC Groupies" come at them .. usually the same group of groupies... Full frontal attack... beat the person to a pulp because they had a bad experience. They have absolutely no right to say anything negative about their beloved cruise line. That is pure BS ... let the person have their say. Come back with your own experience without putting that person down.

As I've said before, everyone has their own experience and I believe that the people should be allowed to tell of their own experience. PERIOD

No need to flame the person for their comments whether good or bad about the ship.

I had a negative experience on the Lirica. I posted the details. I was flamed mercilessly including personal emails threatening me. I think the people who are doing the flaming are poor excuses for humanity. You all need to get some sort of a life beyond your little world of MSC.

I read the good comments without flaming the people and telling them they don't know what they are talking about. It was their experience. I post my own experience without disagreeing or putting the other person down.

I'm quite guilty of putting these MSC Groupies down however, because they are a rude bunch of zealots! They don't want a persons real experience to be posted. They only want their distorted views to matter.

I believe they've had good experiences. Please believe that others, like me, have not. If you really want to do something for MSC be concerned about the negatives that your beloved line is receiving by asking MSC to do a better job.

I repeat... GET A LIFE BEYOND MSC. :p

Dining Room Food Was Mediocre-even The Pasta, I Stopped Ordering Fish. I,m Pretty Easy To Please,but I Will Never TAke An MSC Cruise Again-even If It Was Free!

I agree completely.... I too will never sail on MSC again .. even if it's free. My vacation times are too precious to be put into an annoying situation for 11 days or so.

It's weird HOW riled up folks get. We did 10 days on the Lirica to central america this winter and found it quite delightful... enjoyed the international fellow cruisers, the food, and the general elegance rather than garishness of the ship.

It's weird HOW riled up folks get. We did 10 days on the Lirica to central america this winter and found it quite delightful... enjoyed the international fellow cruisers, the food, and the general elegance rather than garishness of the ship.

I have no doubt that you had a good experience. The ship met your expectations .. I respect that. My problem on this board seems to be with the people who won't respect the fact that not everyone had the same experience. Mine wasn't good at all, so I reported it and then got crucified by people who didn't agree. They attacked me personally on the board and in emails to me.

Summing up .. you report a good experience - I respect that.

I had a bad experience... people should also respect that and not try to crucify me because I reported MY experience.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that these boards give people an opportunity to post their own experience. My husband and I have taken about a dozen cruises, and the MSC Sinfonia is the only ship that gave us cause for complaint. If you simply LOVE MSC thats your perogative. But don" t blast me for recounting our bad experience. We used the lemons to make lemonade. Switched from fish to steaks- put on the old wetsuit top and jumped in the cold swimming pool and focused on ports, the eclipse and the other astronomy fans on the ship. That's the truth and I have a right to tell it. I have not encountered this level of defensiveness on other cruiseline boards. There is something rotten in Denmark -or I should say Italy:(

There's a similar defensiveness on other boards as well - and its sometimes alot nastier than here. I've dealt with it myself and it doesn't feel nice. IMO, we need to hear the good as well as the bad here - that's why they call it "CruiseCritic" and not "CruiseChearleader" ;)

I'm sorry that those of you who had bad experiences were slammed - and most of all I feel bad that MSC didn't live up to your expectations. I hope your next vacations are much more satisfying.

:)

Archived