Pregnant while cruising???

Just found out the mrs. is expecting our first and she will be 22 weeks for our cruise (well inside RC policy of 26 weeks).
Just wondering whether to cancel or would she still enjoy a cruise?
Would love to hear from others that have cruised while pregnant.

Thanks very much.

Yes, I have cruised with RCI while 24 weeks pregnant and had no problems at all.

A few tips:

Get a doctors note stating how far along the pregnancy is, and that the pregnancy is normal, no complications, ect. RCI required that I fax this off to them which I did, and also stated I would have to show them before boarding. I had it with me next to my passport but no one asked me once on the ship or even before boarding, and I was clearly pregnant!

Dont cancel your trip. For us, it was the best vacation we enjoyed right before baby showed up. If you have any other questions, let me know! :)

Congratulations! As a OB nurse I say... as long as she has a uncomplicated pregnacy, go and have fun! Tell her to drink plenty of water, pregnant women get dehydrated fast and can cramp/contract when they are... making her uncomfortable! Tell her to ask her doctor for what to take if she becomes nauseated, gets the cold, ect. and then bring that with you so if she gets sick you have no doubt what she can take. But above all, have a great time!

Thank you for asking this question!!

My husband and I just found out we are expecting and I will be 19 weeks on our cruise. We've been debating whether or not to cancel since our final payment is due in July.

Glad to hear I shouldn't have any problems - I'm looking forward to our last vacation before baby joins us!!

I went on a cruise when I was around 20 weeks pregnant and had the most wonderful time! It was the perfect relaxation prior to a complete change in lifestyle. My hubby and I have been on 5 cruises and this was the probably the best one. I was in good health and had no complications. I say if this is the case for you, you should go for it. Even better... up to that point I hadn't gained any weight so I felt free to eat all the yummy food I wanted.
Good luck, congratulations, and I hope you have a wonderful time.

Archived