Bar Harbor Maine - tours

Sandifer

Thanks, Judy, for the link info. I've made copies to share w/our traveling companions. Hoping to find another couple on this site to share the van w/us in Bar Harbor. Would you recommend morning or afternoon for that? Also, how many of the ports were tender ports? After reading your review, it sounded like you tendered alot. We stop in Charlottetown PEI which I don't believe you did.

We only had 4 for the tour in Bar Harbor and I think it was a lot better than having 6 people, but of course it cost more. We went in the morning which put us up on Cadillac Mountain at about noon. I think it worked out well that way. Then we had lunch and toured the town for a while before going back to the ship.

We tendered in Saguenay (you won't be going there), Sydney (tendering there wasn't on our itinerary), Bar Harbor, and Newport. You will definitely tender the last 2 places because there are no docking facilities. The tender in Newport is quite a long ride but it is a nice look at the harbor there. Try to sit outside on the tender if the weather permits.

Hello Judy, I am booked on the 10-18-07 Canadian/Colonial cruise and I enjoy reading your posts. We have an active roll call group and are all busy gathering information. I have bookmarked your review, although I will be on the Grand, your port information is great. Thanks, Carole

Carole,

The Grand is replacing the Sea Princess next year and the itinerary is changing a little (Charlottetown instead of Saguenay). You are also going a month later than we did so it should be a lot colder but you should have much more color than we did. We enjoyed the cruise but it was a lot different from Alaska. If any of you have any more questions just ask and I will try to answer you.

Archived