Sasha, the Matre D on Mercury - HELP

sdcruiser

I've read in previous posts this summer on the Mercury, that Sasha, is the Asst Matre D on the Mercury during this summer's Alaska run.

I hope it's the same Sasha that was also the Asst Matre D on the Century last year..

Does anybody know? I wish I could attach a pic of him, but the file size was too large to attach.

He was great and we are looking forward to sailing in August on the Mercury. This would just be an added benefit for us..

Thanks
Jeff

Hi Jeff !

I know exactly who you are talking about. I was on Century last year, and met Sasha for the second time. I previously had him as my Assistant Maitre'd onboard Mercury in 2002.

To say the least, he is a great person, and Sasha did everything possible to make our dining experience a great one.

I am sailing on Century in a few weeks, and I was so much looking forward to possibly meeting up with him again. Sadly, I was told by the Dining Room Coordinator, that he is no longer on Century, and is currently onboard Constellation. Perhaps some folks who have been on Constellation recently can confirm this ?

I have no idea if that is the case or not, but that is what I was told. I truly wish he was going to be on my Century sailing in July.

At any rate, whomever has the opportunity to be in his section, is in for a real treat. Hopefully, we will meet again on a future cruise !

I'm sure its the same Sasha. I could send you a picture if you wanted to make sure. We were just on the Mercury and he was our Assistant Maitre'd. He even bought me and my friend drinks at the bar. Great guy, and Im jealous you will be on that cruise.

Archived