anyone else watching the Freedom of the Seas on the Today show right now??? : )

You're definitely not the only one obsessed! I watched every minute of the Today show and have it recorded on Tivo to watch over and over and over.

I'm sailing on the Freedom on June 25th, and I'm flipping out with excitement right now. I've had this cruise booked for a year now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn

I'm on the west coast so it's still going here. I'm so excited you'd think I was sailing soon too. : ))) Only 30 months until 'Freedom'. Have I started the longest countdown ever? : ))))

I'm on the west coast so it's still going here. I'm so excited you'd think I was sailing soon too. : ))) Only 30 months until 'Freedom'. Have I started the longest countdown ever? : ))))

Being on the west coast I watched the east coast feed on Tivo. Watched the whole show in 45 minutes. Just watched all the seagments that showed Freedom. I'm sailing July 8,2008, in the owners suite. I can't wait.

I've gotta get Tivo. : ) I'm still on vcr and tape : ). i'm trying to justify spending the money. : )I spend so much time in the crime lab that when i get home i dont have time to watch too much tv. : ) because afterall what's the majority of shows on tv.....reality or crime shows......and both remind me of being at work. : )

then i definitely have to investigate tivo. : ) because i hate commercials so that's why i really don't wanna take the time to get caught up in a show unless it's on hbo or similar channels with no interuptions during the show. : ) i have directv so i'll call them and see if they have something similar to tivo or if i need tivo in addition to directv.

YES, Direct TV has a recorder DVR ... just like Tivo. That's what I have and I love, love, love it. I've only had it for a few months, and it has made my TV life WONDERFUL. I'm a court reporter (also dealing with crime a lot), and I work a lot of evenings and weekends. My "Tivo" helps speed up watching whatever I want to record and watch without commercials. Well, well, well worth it!!!

Lynn

Just checking in to see if folks think it would be worth the effort to back up the tape when I get home and skim through this morning's show.

Somewhat off topic, don't mean to burst your bubble, but enjoy skipping those commercials while you can. I'm a bit amazed that a company would actually try to do this, but apparently it's coming down the pike, so you know eventually someone will implement it:

http://news.com.com/Philips+device+could+force+TV+viewers+to+watch+ads/2100-1041_3-6062861.html

Of course a former Turner executive once described fast forwarding through the commercials as "stealing"... so there is no doubt where this is heading eventually. Apparently when pressed, he did decide it wasn't illegal to go to the restroom... :eek:

Theron

So.. is it worth the time to rewind and watch? :)

courtesy of Tivo, I am watching this mornings show on the Freedom....only question....anyone know where the Captain is from? oh...and what was with the "Love Boat Theme"?

think i will skip the surfing thing, but it might be fun to watch!

Beverly

Taped the wrong channel -- darn. will watch the video on the Today Show's website http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633/

I checked the video on the website. There was so much more to the show then they aired online.

You are welcome to my copy if you want it. I will gladly mail my VCR tape to you. Email me if you decide you want it at CNNHost@comcast.net.

I taped the Today Show (DVR for 3 hours) and I watched it and learned a great deal about FOS. I wish I had a cruise booked on FOS sooner but I just came back from a cruise (Carnival Liberty) and after watching the Today Show, I think FOS will be even better. This will be my first cruise on RCI and I am looking forward to it.

200705130500_101.gif

*********************************************all_inclusive_resorts/occidental_hotels_resorts.html]Occidental Hotels & Resorts[/url]

Hi, Peggy,

There was more to the Today Show than what was aired? I'm flipping out! Where can I see it?????????????????? Is there a web site that you found?

Thanks!!

Lynn

Hi, Peggy,

There was more to the Today Show than what was aired? I'm flipping out! Where can I see it?????????????????? Is there a web site that you found?

Thanks!!

Lynn

Check her post again, she said "There was so much more to the show then they aired online", which I took to mean that the actual TV broadcast was much more than the segments they made available on their web page after the fact. I could be wrong, but that is how I read it.

Theron

Hi, Theron,

Oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Now I see what you're saying that Peggy said. I'm really SLOW today ... not going on much sleep <g>. Thank you for the clarification. I just didn't want to miss one little tidbit about the Freedom. I can't wait for June 25th!!!

Lynn

Well I skimmed through the three hours of the show tonight, watching the interesting parts. :)

I thought it was fairly well done, not sure how the financial side of it panned out, but it wasn't a bad commercial for the new ship at all.

I must say, I am at a total loss for how anyone could stand to watch Katie Couric on a regular basis. Wow.

My biggest pet peeve was their description of the size of the ship. The copy writers were completely confused by the units of measure. A gross registered ton is a unit of volume, but they made comparisons to 160,000 short tons, citing some number of elephants! A little more research would have been nice. Aren't these people supposed to be professionals?

Theron

I've gotta get Tivo. : ) I'm still on vcr and tape : ). i'm trying to justify spending the money. : )I spend so much time in the crime lab that when i get home i dont have time to watch too much tv. : ) because afterall what's the majority of shows on tv.....reality or crime shows......and both remind me of being at work. : )

Wow what an interesting job! I'll bet you've seen alot.:eek:

Archived