Hawaii Cruise for Honeymooners???

tommy75

We're getting married in May 2007 and I'm trying to sort out our honeymoon and want to get as many information as I can!

I know, I know...it's pretty early :D, but I want it to be as perfect as can be!

So we want to do a Hawaii cruise as a part of our trip (end of May 2007) and I have some questions:

- what different cruise lines offering Hawaii cruises?:confused:

- what do you think is the best cruise line for a honeymoon...we're 25 & 32 and cruised with HAL (2x on the Zuiderdam) and RCCI (1x on the NOS) before:)and we loved each cruise...specially the Zuidy...how would be NCL compared to these cruises?:confused:

- did you go on a Hawaii cruise for your honeymoon? i'd love to hear your review!

- any special recommendations for a pre/post cruise stay or must things to do while there?...as romantic hideaways or anything that will make the honeymoon unforgetable:p

I can't wait to hear from all of you!!!

Only from what I've read, NCL "Pride" ships will not compare favorably to other cruises. They are for experiencing Hawaii more so than experiencing the cruiseship. First-timers to cruising or Hawaii should take them. That being said, I would take an NCL "Pride" cruise because Hawaii is great. (Who needs the ship when you have Hawaii.) If you have something else in mind, though- many lines go across the ocean to Hawaii from Los Angeles or Ensenada. (Princess or RCCI come to mind.) The bulk of them do it in April with the Alaska season being so long now starting in early May. They used to have more Hawaii May cruises before NCL got in there. But Princess (maybe others) have some cruises that cross the ocean in May.

The wife and I took a second honeymoon on a reposition cruise (RCCI Serenade) from Hawaii to Vancouver in May 2004. We loved Hawaii and the cruise. For a first honeymoon, I would go with the Princess (or RCCI or someone other than "Pride of ...") cruise starting on the west coast. That would be the typical romantic cruise. You start out with your sea-time. You get fancy meals, spa treatments, dress up in tuxedos & gowns, you go to shows, and just when you think "This is great" you get to Hawaii. Now you go to the volcanoes, waterfalls, whatever you like- with your bonding complete. If you could handle it, most of those cruises are round-trip, so you go back to being served and spoiled on the return. Otherwise, a flight out of Hawaii can be a little bit of a let-down to end a vacation, but that's okay.

Archived