Room to Room telephones

bobjudy1

Just a strange question???? Do the staterooms have telephones that you can call other rooms??? I realize that you repeat cruisers are laughing at me, but I need to know if we can keep in touch with the others in our party when we are on the ship????

Yes, the mainstream cruiselines have telephones in the rooms. You can even call from "house" phones that are around the ship.

Don't worry about asking your questions. We were all first time cruisers at one point in time.

Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't know. We'd rather you ask before hand then go on board expecting something and then be disappointed when it's not there.

The mainstream lines do have phones within the cabins and you can call between cabins. You can also make phone calls to and from the ship but beware about that. Those are over a satellite and can be very expensive. The cost depends on the cruise line but can range from about $7 per minute to $10 per minute.

THANKS SO MUCH!!! wE ARE GOING ON THE MARINER OF THE SEAS ON 6/25/06 AND JUST DISCOVERED MY BROTHER AND SISTER-IN-LAW WILL BE ON THE SAME CRUISE, BUT DIFFERENT FLOORS...THESE PHONES WILL MAKE IT MUCH EASIER TO STAY IN TOUCH WITH EACH OTHER...:)

Archived