Opening Balcony Dividers . . .

Cinnamon3

Last week, we had 26 cabins in a row on the Carnival Victory Lido deck and we asked our steward to open the partitions between the balconies. He hesitated and explained that on some balconies, the balcony divider will block the balcony door to the room of the next cabin. We said go ahead and open them anyway and we will deal with them. Every door wasn’t blocked – it was every other room that had the blocked door. Solution: bungee cords!!! Using a bungee cord we attached the handle of our balcony door to the latch of the partition – so you just had to swing them open together. It was heavier than usual but workable. On our Carnival Spirit cruise, our room steward said he could not open the partition for us, and it was understandable. The divider had a "door" that opened, so it would not lay flat against the side of the ship and wasn't configured to latch open. I believe (but not sure) that if you have a row of suites on a Destiny (Triumph, Victory) class ship, the partitions would open and not block the neighboring cabin's door - due to the wider balconies.

I am hoping that we can open the balcony on the Victory because my best friend has booked the cabin right next to me and we want to do this.
When we were on the Destiny this year, the door stayed open on it's own, Does anyone know for sure if I need a bungee for the Verandah deck balcony on the Victory?

On the Pride the divider opens towards the railing and did not block the door. We loved having our "connecting cabins".:)

I tried to insert the picture and it didn't work so here is a link to a posted picture of the balcony.

[u][color=#ff0033][url="http://community.webshots.com/photo/106440535/106514131yxUMjd"]http://community.webshots.com/photo/106440535/106514131yxUMjd[/url][/color][/u][url="http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=106440535&photoID=106514131&security=yxUMjd"][/url]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorange]We've opened the balcony dividers on all of our CC group cruises!! It is SO MUCH fun!! We've had 12 in a row, can't imagine having 26 cabins in a row, how fun for you![/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorange][/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorange]On Miracle, friends and I have the entire back row of the ship, with the category 11 wraparound cabin, now that's going to be heaven! [/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorange][/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorange]We love doing this so much that trying to get cabins right next to each other has become a science. Pammyhound is really good at figuring out ways to configure us so that it all works out (triples, quads, doubles, etc...). [/color][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=black]Susanita,[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=black][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=black]Just got back from the Miracle and had an aft Cat 11 cabin with the wrap around balcony. Best cabin ever and the balcony is HUGE! This was on deck 4. What deck are you on? You are going to love the Miracle, she is a gorgeous ship![/color][/size][/font]

[font=Impact][size=4][color=darkorange]We opend ours on the Conquest (4 cabins) on the back and around the corner (9a) and had a nice stretch of deck space![/color][/size][/font]

Archived