Warming formula on ship

gisela102

Hello

My son will be cruising with us on the Miracle on June 4

He will be 10 months old. He likes to drink a warm bottle at night.

I know the cabins dont have microwaves. Did anybody go through

this & what did you do??

I dont have a bottle warmer

which one do you recommend?

thanks

I would just run it under hot tap water for a few minutes. It might not be "scientific", but I always thought it seemed to warm faster if I put the bottle upright in a larger glass, and didn't run the water too fast...I'd try it at home, and see what you think and how he seems with it.

If you're considering bringing a bottle warmer, bring a power strip or extension cord, as the only outlet in Carnival's cabins is a single one on the wall behind the desk.

HTH, and enjoy your cruise. We loved the Miracle!

As soon as I hit "submit reply" I had another thought...I don't know what kind of formula you normally use, but I would suggest for traveling that you consider the powder. It's really wonderful to be able to make the bottle exactly when you need it, and not worry about keeping it cold. It's also friendlier in the sense that you can bring twice the amount you think you'll need, it doesn't weigh anything to speak of compared to the canned stuff, and you can buy bottled water on an as-needed basis. If you normally use the prepared kind, I would again do a test run before you leave...I've heard of kids who are used to the pre-mixed refusing the powdered stuff. Good luck!

Bring a small sand pail with you. You can fill it partially with hot water at any time to warm a bottle, you can use it to help rinse baby off in the shower AND you can play with it at the beach!!

Hello

My son will be cruising with us on the Miracle on June 4

He will be 10 months old. He likes to drink a warm bottle at night.

I know the cabins dont have microwaves. Did anybody go through

this & what did you do??

I dont have a bottle warmer

which one do you recommend?

thanks

Can you make it with warm water?? don't know if you're using formula (powdered or otherwise) if you use powder you can just use warm water--that's what I always did at home or when I traveled. or you can stick the bottle under hot water and heat it that way.

We just got off the Conquest, my son still drinks warm milk. I took our bottle warmer, it is First Years brand it heats a bottle in about 2 minutes and I believe it cost around $20.00 dollars. It is a little pricy but you could get the formula that is single servings and those could be served room temp. I have done that before.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

If you are using powder, just bring a small thermos with you and fill it with hot water from the buffet area, then just mix your powder with the hot water and some cold/room temperature water. I have also use the Avent bottle warmer, it's a bit bulky to pack, but I think they have some travel size warmers available now. The warmer was only good for when we were in our room, the other times, we just used the thermos.

Hi,

If you are using powder, just bring a small thermos with you and fill it with hot water from the buffet area, then just mix your powder with the hot water and some cold/room temperature water. I have also use the Avent bottle warmer, it's a bit bulky to pack, but I think they have some travel size warmers available now. The warmer was only good for when we were in our room, the other times, we just used the thermos.

This brings another question to mind, how does everyone clean their bottles? We will be traveling with an eleven month old on the Valor in Sept. and so many uncertainties with an infant.

Thanks,

Mdxter

I'd take a bottle brush and a little liquid dish soap. Clean them real well and you won't have anything to worry about.

We mixed our formula with warm water when we traveled with the babies. It works well. You can also just put warm water in the sink and heat it that way. Just remember to check it so it's not too hot.

Archived