free or affordable beaches

Crussinfool

Looking for beaches in Jamica,Grand Cayman & Cozumel that you can lay out or swim that are free to visit or have a small fee to enter. Friends are leaving Sunday on the Conquest. Thanks for your help in advance.Ray.

Cozumel has lots for a small fee...paradise beach is a good one:) I didnt go to the beach in GC and for Jamicia...there is beach access right behind Margaretaville I dont think there was a fee, but not real sure. If you look over at the "Ports of Call" boards Im sure you could find out for sure:)

Tons of great beaches on this itinerary.....

In Cozumel... Paradise Beach and Mr. Sanchos are two beaches we have been to. Mr Sanchos had a nicer "beach", while the atmosphere and cleanliness of Paradise Beach was far superior!

Each will charge for activities such as canoes, trampolines etc. It is free to get on the beach with free chairs, they just want you to buy food and drinks.

In Grand Cayman, 7 Mile Beach is a public beach, open to anyone. There are several hotels, such as the Holiday Inn, where you can get chairs and an umbrella for a fee.

Two years ago, went to the public beach for a few hours and used our Carnival towels - it was great!

In Jamaica, we have gone to Margaritaville with the tiny beach access. The same thing.. they want you to purchase drinks and food, then the beach and pool are free to use.

We love the western route!

Catrin

I have not been there myself but from researching the Western Int myself I can tell you that Paradise Beach in Cozumel is the cheapest. Totally free and you can pay $8 pp for the day to use chairs, water trampoline, kayaks etc for the whole day.

If you'll be buying lunch anyway, for 40.00 ppfor adults and 20 for kids (internet booking only at cozumelexcursions.com) you can get an all inclusive. Its at San Francisco Beach. From what I hear right next to Paradise beach. You get all you can drink alcohol and non alcohol, lunch, chair, umbrella, beach access, fresh water pool etc. Check it out. Thats a great deal!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived