Arrival Time Atlantis

mcgovernsandra

We are thinking of getting a room at either the CS or Atlantis for our cruise in Nov. We dock at 8pm and don't leave until the following day at 6PM. This may be a dumb question, but since we aren't really going to be using the room for anything but to get the wrist bracelets, does it matter when you check in? Can we show up at the check in desk at 7am and get our bracelets? Or the reverse- if we check in at 8pm when we arrive in port, can we get bracelets then, and still have access to Atlantis until we depart the next afternoon at 5? just trying to get the most for our $$ !

We are thinking of getting a room at either the CS or Atlantis for our cruise in Nov. We dock at 8pm and don't leave until the following day at 6PM. This may be a dumb question, but since we aren't really going to be using the room for anything but to get the wrist bracelets, does it matter when you check in? Can we show up at the check in desk at 7am and get our bracelets? Or the reverse- if we check in at 8pm when we arrive in port, can we get bracelets then, and still have access to Atlantis until we depart the next afternoon at 5? just trying to get the most for our $$ !

Call the Atlantis/Comfort Suites directly and ask about this. I've heard that you must check in the day you book or the reservation is given away.

Make sure you have a bracelet for day 2, since the bracelet colors change every day.

I've heard that if you check out of ATLANTIS at 11 (check out time) you are allowed to use the transit lounge for the rest of the day, but I've heard that the same does NOT apply to Comfort Suites. (depends on who's at the desk etc)..

Don't rely on information from the boards.. it changes season to season, person to person. Give the hotels a call for there current policies.

THANKS! Sounds like we are better off just checking in in the morning then, rather than the night before. Will they give us the bracelets prior to the stated "official" check-in time?

Yes.. you can check in at 7am and not go to your rooms.. they'll give you a card to get your bracelets for the day. You don't ever actually have to go to your room. They (Comfort Suites) allow you to check in and check out at the same time.

THANKS! Sounds like we are better off just checking in in the morning then, rather than the night before. Will they give us the bracelets prior to the stated "official" check-in time?

We are on the same cruise! I booked the CS for the 9th ($172 +tax/night). Since the Atlantis pools close at sundown I figured we wont even waste cab fare to go there the night we dock. We'll head over thursday morning, check in, get our bracelets and enjoy the day!!!!

See ya on the roll call!!

~Connie

Do you think they will make us get 2 rooms if there are 6 of us?

Yes, you will need 2 rooms. Standard guest rooms allow only 4 to a room, with 4 bracelets per room.

Check Comfort Suites directly.. they sometimes offer a deep discount for the 2nd room.

We're booked at the CS for June 9. The cancellation policy says that to recieve a full refund we'd have to cancel prior to June 5-the day we leave the US. Its a little hard to predict the weather a week in advance-just wondering if anyone knows if they're really strict about this policy? Like if we tried to cancel on the 5th or 6th? Hopefully the sun will be shinning and the birds will be singing, but you never know-:)

Thanks!

KOS

We will have already been at sea when our cancellation deadline comes. I plan on jumping on the internet and cancelling online if I have to.

I think I am gonna call CS and see if they will discount my 2nd & 3rd room like Scubagirl suggested. I'll keep you all posted.

~Connie

wrist bracelets, does it matter when you check in?

it does not matter when you check in if you don't use the room

CS only give you the card

then that card you get the bracelets and towels near the pool at Atlantis.

• 4 weeks later...

I called CI yesterday to get info about booking a room on July 23rd. I told them there would be 4 adults and the price went from $215 to $343!! Does anyone know if you can get 4 bracelets per room even if you don't tell them there will be 4 adults? I would really like to get the $215 price.

Also, we will be in Nassau for 5 1/2 hrs. Will that be enough time to get our money's worth? Thanks for your help.

I guess just book online, for the cheapest price you can find-we just went to CS-Atlantis and paid $226 (tax included) for 2 adults and 2 kids-I'm not sure why they'd charge more for 2 adults as compared to two kids-seems like a rip off to me!

KOS

I, too, thought it seemed like a rip off. Do they just hand you 4 bracelets when you check in or do all of the guests have to be there to get the bracelets? If they just give them to you I thought about booking as 2 adults and 2 kids so I wouldn't have to pay more. Thanks for the info!

I, too, thought it seemed like a rip off. Do they just hand you 4 bracelets when you check in or do all of the guests have to be there to get the bracelets? If they just give them to you I thought about booking as 2 adults and 2 kids so I wouldn't have to pay more. Thanks for the info!

You will only get the number of bracelets that you pay for people in your room. You will ALL need to show up and be identified. You can't sneak 2 additional people, whether adults of kids, into the room (or Atlantis) and only pay the online price for 2. Those who book online will be asked to pay for those additional people upon check in.. along with all the taxes, gratuities, and surcharge attached.

The number of people PAID for in a room, (up to 4) is the number of bracelets available from Atlantis. It's inscribed on the card you bring to Atlantis to get your bracelets.

Be prepared to pay the additional fees, or you won't get a room.

I knew I couldn't sneak 2 people in, but what I was wondering is since other people have said that 1 room got you 4 bracelets, then maybe I could say 2 adults and 2 kids and not be charged more. It seems like I am being charged extra b/c there are 4 adults instead of 2 adults and 2 kids. Guess I need to just call and talk to them again.

Archived