QE2 Cabin 2122

pepperrn

Size, furnishings, position

Pepper.

I know where it is! LOL, what I meant was, anything I should be aware of (noise, vibration etc), I know there's a connecting door, that the bed is in an alcove half way down the room (unlike the P Grill single next door where the bed is under the porthole). Was it originally a first class single? Has it (room and bathroom) been uograded or can I (please) look forward to something approaching original QE2? Should I choose the smaller CA cabins on one deck (almost dirctly above) to get the higher deck becuse that is the "better" deck? Or will I be better off not directly under the public rooms on quarter deck? Answers please.

Pepper.

Peppern,

Please let me know your email address & I would be pleased to send you photos of this cabin which I had in 2003.

It's a spacious cabin and there is good storage space & whilst not a marble bathroom it is modern and a good size,

Kind Regards

RJMS74

Peppern,

Please let me know your email address & I would be pleased to send you photos of this cabin which I had in 2003.

It's a spacious cabin and there is good storage space & whilst not a marble bathroom it is modern and a good size,

Kind Regards

RJMS74

RJMS74, Many thanks, you are very kind, addresses are

(best one for pics)

pepper_rn @ blueyonder.co.uk (without the spaces)

or

pepper @ royal.navy.org.uk (without the spaces)

Again, I am most grateful.

Pepper.

Pepperrn, 2122 and its mirror opposite 2115 are the largest Caronia singles in terms of square footage on paper. They are comfortable cabins, but some of the square footage is lost to the long and narrow space leading into the cabin, thereby decreasing the actual square footage of living space. Also, the bed is in an alcove away from the one porthole, making the cabin somewhat dark and downright gloomy on those grey sea days. There are 2 Caronia singles on Three Deck (3040 & 3037) which are marginally less in square footage, but because of the cabin layout they seem much larger than 2122 / 2115. The Three Deck cabins have a bed, a long dressing table with many drawers, two very large wardrobe closets, two portholes and a settee/sofa bed. I saw this cabin in January when I was aboard QE2 for a visit. I believe the bathroom, too, was of the renovated kind. I had 2035 on a crossing three years ago and it was small and cozy enough for a crossing or a short cruise. There would be serious wardrobe storage issues on a longer cruise. While on that crossing I met someone who always books 3040 and 3037 and calls them the best kept secret on the ship.

But wherever you go, it is QE2 and that in itself is a joy!

Check it out & Happy Sailings!

Bobby

Pepperrn, 2122 and its mirror opposite 2115 are the largest Caronia singles in terms of square footage on paper. They are comfortable cabins, but some of the square footage is lost to the long and narrow space leading into the cabin, thereby decreasing the actual square footage of living space. Also, the bed is in an alcove away from the one porthole, making the cabin somewhat dark and downright gloomy on those grey sea days. There are 2 Caronia singles on Three Deck (3040 & 3037) which are marginally less in square footage, but because of the cabin layout they seem much larger than 2122 / 2115. The Three Deck cabins have a bed, a long dressing table with many drawers, two very large wardrobe closets, two portholes and a settee/sofa bed. I saw this cabin in January when I was aboard QE2 for a visit. I believe the bathroom, too, was of the renovated kind. I had 2035 on a crossing three years ago and it was small and cozy enough for a crossing or a short cruise. There would be serious wardrobe storage issues on a longer cruise. While on that crossing I met someone who always books 3040 and 3037 and calls them the best kept secret on the ship.

But wherever you go, it is QE2 and that in itself is a joy!

Check it out & Happy Sailings!

Bobby

Bobby,

I cannot thank you enough for this information, you've been very helpful and will speak to my T Agent this week. My only reservations about 3040 and 3047 ( I also looked at 2115,1084,1081,2034,2035) were being down a deck and very far forward, so I felt I should go for the larger sq foot. However, as you say, what's on paper and what it feels like when on board are two different things!

I don't intend to spend long in the cabin, have slept in smaller (much! on HM ships) and really the idea is to see QE2 before she goes, already booked on QM2 and QV.

Thank you once again, it never ceases to amaze me how helpful people are here on this board.

Archived