#723 Emerald Deck on the Star?

mexico5

Hi, after everyone's help in me deciding on the cruiseship, I have decided on the Star. Now my TA has a cabin on hold for 24 hours for me. Thanks to everyone on here I was able to tell her I wanted a covered balcony. She had called Princess 3 times and spoke to 3 different agents and they all told her every balcony on Princess was covered and there were no "tiers". Well I emailed her the link to some photos someone had given me and photos do not lie!

Anyways, so she talked to a supervisor at Princess and Was told that the Emerald Deck had the covered balconies. So she has #723 Aft Mini-suite on the Emerald on hold. Has anyone had any experience with this location? I guess, as long as it has a covered balcony and it is not super loud it will be fine.

It is our first cruise, so I really do not know what part of the ship is the best, but my main concern is the covered balcony.

Thanks everyone for your help!

We were in mini E718 (port side) over the holidays on the Star. Its a great location! The balcony is definitely covered, its quiet, you're near the aft elevators, not much motion, and just a floor or 2 below where you need to traverse the ship on the promenade deck.

We liked it so much we're doing E725 on the Grand on a Med cruise this summer. Enjoy!

(By the way, you had asked why we liked the Eastern Carib vs the Western........we like both, and enjoy Cayman and Cozumel on land vacations.....but on a cruise, the Eastern ports just seem less crowded and more fun)

Thanks for your quick reply! It's nice to hear from someone who has actually stayed in the same cabin, or near anyways.

Maybe if we like cruising, we will try the Eastern Caribbean next time!

The mini's on Emerald are my favorite on the Grand Class ship (well maybe a suite would be a bit better:D ). I love the fact that you have a covered balcony. We've also had mini on Dolphin deck which are totally open and I prefer the one on Emerald. You will get some sun either in the morning or afternoon depending on which direction you are sailing. I had E721 on the Star last fall and it was a great location. It's a bit of a walk to the front of the ship but you just need to go down one level and traverse through the lobby on Promenade deck.

Have a great cruise!

Archived