QM2 salon services

merryecho

I was on a twelve day on the QM2 in January and used the salon 3 times.

My first appointment was an at sea day and I was in need of a haircut. So I called that AM and had an appointment for about an hour later. Everyone was very accomodating and my hair stylist cut my hair to perfection.

Don't know if he is still on board as they usually are on 6 months and are rotated to other ships. His name was Mandril DeKock. The salon manager was Natalie.

The second time I used the salon was just for a wash and blow dry. Took about 1/2 hour and I was ready for the evening.

Third time was the Friday 1/13 two before docking back in New York. I had my hair color changed and was thrilled with the results.

When I returned home I emailed the salon for the color formula and they not only sent me the formula, but the timing instructions also.

So yes, use the salon and enjoy. Prices are resonable and they are listed in the Spa/Salon brochure you will receive in your room.

Maria

I've been on QM2 5 times and have used the hair salon at least once during each trip. My hair is "difficult" but the salon (usually Mandril although I have used others) does a great job. I have never used them for color but am tempted to as they do such a good job with styling, etc.

Furthermore, I have never felt any pressure to purchase "product".

The salon also has one of the premier sites on the ship - directly (a few decks) under bridge. Magnificent view.

I disagree with previous poster that the prices are good - they are double what I'm charged at home for same service, and considerably more than on QE2. But no price is too high to bring your hair and "look" up to QM2 standard!

Archived