Another Newbie Question

Fun~N~Sun

We booked directly through Carnival and they also made our flight arrangments. Do I need to contact the airline myself before prior to the day we leave? I have my docs and with flight numbers and we leave on May 28.

Thanks in advance.

We booked directly through Carnival and they also made our flight arrangments. Do I need to contact the airline myself before prior to the day we leave? I have my docs and with flight numbers and we leave on May 28.

Thanks in advance.

You need to contact them to be sure you have seat assignments. And as with tickets that you would purchase directly through the airlines, you can pre-register within 24 hours of your flight. Also, don't be surprised if the flight numbers from Carnival are meaningless to the airline. Call the airline directly to get your confirmation numbers.

I always confirm with the airlines to avoid problems.

Good luck and have fun.

Just to clarify, should I wait until 24 hours ahead to contact them or should I do that now to get seat assignments? I have only flown 1 other time and I did not make the arrangements so I'm not real clear on what to do.

:)

Just to clarify, should I wait until 24 hours ahead to contact them or should I do that now to get seat assignments? I have only flown 1 other time and I did not make the arrangements so I'm not real clear on what to do.

Contact them now to get your actual confirmation number and try to get a seat assignment right away. Once you have the real confirmation number from the airline, you can book your seating on the airline web page. I am sure they can also do this by phone. You will want to do this soon if you want to sit together. Some flights fill quickly.

Then, within 24 hours or less from your flight time you can complete your boarding pass online. Very easy, but if you have trouble, just call them. Be sure to review their list of luggage weight limits, and items that are not permitted in carry-on luggage (ie razors, lighters etc.)

Hope this helps.

:)

Contact them now to get your actual confirmation number and try to get a seat assignment right away. Once you have the real confirmation number from the airline, you can book your seating on the airline web page. I am sure they can also do this by phone. You will want to do this soon if you want to sit together. Some flights fill quickly.

Then, within 24 hours or less from your flight time you can complete your boarding pass online. Very easy, but if you have trouble, just call them. Be sure to review their list of luggage weight limits, and items that are not permitted in carry-on luggage (ie razors, lighters etc.)

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for your time and your kindness. You have been a big help!

Thank you very much for your time and your kindness. You have been a big help!

My pleasure. If possible, get someone to drop you off at the airport (rather than parking...). Once you get to the airport, there are normally many people standiing around to assist you. Don't be afraid to ask for help. I always ask rather than try to read the many signs. It can be overwhelming. I'm sure you will do fine. Have fun. If this is your first cruise, I'm sure it won't be your last!:)

Why should I have someone drop us off at the airport instead of parking? We have an early flight 7a.m so I'm thinking the airport is not going to be super busy at that time and we plan on getting there around 5 a.m.

I don't know where you are flighing out of but we always pay about $140 for 8 days parking at San francisco International, so if you want to save the cash, it would be better to have someone drop you off.

7am could be very busy with business people flighting out to catch a morning meeting.

Are you flying out of Hagerstown? If you are, I believe parking is free. If your at the airport by 5AM, you'll be fine :D

Just curious, how did you know about Hagerstown? We are actually flying from Baltimore out of BWI. I was surprised to find that parking is only $8 per day. Considering the time of morning we have to be at the airport, price of gas, and the distance (about 1 1/2 hours) it is probably better if we just drive ourselves and park there. My sister-in-law lives not too far from the airport and we were going to park at her house and have a shuttle pick us up and take us to the airport but it cost more than the parking for the 7 days.

Thanks in advance.

I always confirm my flights, and we always book through Carnival. I have also found that seat assignmnets have been made by Carnival, and yes these are Economy flights and the seats are usually in the back o fthe plane. Also keep in mind that if you are traveling from a bifg city and others are going on the same cruise you will be booked on the flight as a group.

In Florida a couple of years back I actually confirmed my entire group of 10 as wellas the additional group of 6 who were from Colorado and on the same flight.

Just curious, how did you know about Hagerstown? We are actually flying from Baltimore out of BWI. I was surprised to find that parking is only $8 per day. Considering the time of morning we have to be at the airport, price of gas, and the distance (about 1 1/2 hours) it is probably better if we just drive ourselves and park there. My sister-in-law lives not too far from the airport and we were going to park at her house and have a shuttle pick us up and take us to the airport but it cost more than the parking for the 7 days.

We used to live in Cumberland MD. ;) Have also lived in Huntington and Princeton WV

We used to live in Cumberland MD. ;) Have also lived in Huntington and Princeton WV

I am from Cumberland too. I went to Fort Hill class of '80. My husband graduated in '78. My brothers graduated in '70 and '72. Do I know you? How old are you?

I am from Cumberland too. I went to Fort Hill class of '80. My husband graduated in '78. My brothers graduated in '70 and '72. Do I know you? How old are you?

GummyBear says I need to answer you, he isn't real good with dates....

we lived in Princeton, then Cumberland from 1976-1979 while he managed retail stores (they transfer you around alot)... I guess that makes us a little older than you...I was born in Huntington...my grandparents lived there forever so we spent alot of summers there!

Hope you have a wonderful cruise and I am sure the airport stuff will all go well....we have never had a problem with early morning flights, even out of Atlanta...only flight problems we have ever had was because of hurricane delays! (Knock on wood!)

Beverly

Thanks in advance.

Yes, whether its booked with the cruiseline or yourself, you should always call now, then a week prior to confirm the flight, usually you will get some seating changes but thats all.

Fred

Archived