Internet cruise booking

slickl

My husband and I have always booked through a travel agent. I have been checking the Internet and have found some very good prices. Is this too good to be true or a good deal. The prices are $100-$300 less per person than the cruiseline brochures. The one company with the best prices is in Miami.

Any feed back would be helpful. Thanks -- Lachi in Portland,Oregon

There are internet travel agencies too, and i'm sure that is what you are finding while online. Savings of 50% or more off brochure rates (which BTW, nobody pays) are pretty common booking directly with the cruiseline (either online using their website or by phone) or with a good TA. It's easy to check current rates for any cruise you may be interested in with each cruiseline on their websites. If you can find a better deal than available directly through any TA and you want to book through one of them then that is also an option. Be aware that some TA's also attach thier own fees to a booking for cancellation, name changes, cabin changes, ect. Some also will not accept any coupons or give credit when prices go down. Before you give a booking to a TA be sure you ask about these things and agree with the answers you get. All cruiselines have personal vacation planners to assist you in booking yourself if you choose you hold your own booking. Cruiselines do not charge fees for changes or cancellation unless you are inside the penalty period close to the sail date. Most cruiselines honor price drops and will credit you any difference if prices go lower for your sailing unless they are only offering that price to new bookings only.

My husband and I have always booked through a travel agent. I have been checking the Internet and have found some very good prices. Is this too good to be true or a good deal. The prices are $100-$300 less per person than the cruiseline brochures. The one company with the best prices is in Miami.

Any feed back would be helpful. Thanks -- Lachi in Portland,Oregon

its true you can get better then cruiseline prices thru a lot of on line tas- however you must be aware that some are better then others -- cc rules prohib our offering sites for you to check out --- i will tell you there is a very popular site with good service as verified by others that is out of ft lauderdale -----where in portland are you -- im in beaverton

A lot of TA's will match any price you find elsewhere, ask. Print the fares you find and then give or fax to your TA and see what they can do. If they can't match then think of booking via the net. Often you may be able to get their phone number and call, then you get a peson.

Don't rely on the prices in the brochures. Go directly to the cruiseline' website for accurate pricing. Then you will be comparing apples to apples. There are some benefits available by booking with some online TA's. You can also book on your own with the cruiseline. You can always transfer to booking to a TA at a later time.

its true you can get better then cruiseline prices thru a lot of on line tas- however you must be aware that some are better then others -- cc rules prohib our offering sites for you to check out --- i will tell you there is a very popular site with good service as verified by others that is out of ft lauderdale -----where in portland are you -- im in beaverton

Thanks for the info. We're in the Garden Home, area. I f you want to get back to us, it's slicklite@aol.com. Thanks again. Lachi in Portland

We've booked three of our four cruises through on-line travel sites. At the time we did the rates were lower than the cruise line sites. Just like any other on-line shopping, you need to make sure it's a reputable site!

Happy Cruising!!!

Archived