Venice, Italy Pre-Cruise Hotel

Does anyone have info on a moderately priced ($125-$150) hotel in Venice, Italy? I am interested in something nice, in a reasonably safe location, in room bath. Easily accessible to public transport to pier. I will be travelling Mid-Sep 2006. Thanks.

We stayed at the Hotel Ca Formenta the night before our cruise on the Rotterdam, last October. It was a thoroughly delightful place to stay. We needed a hotel that had a private water taxi dock, as it was necessary for our transportation from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the pier the next day.

We had a lovely room with it's own bath/shower. We were right on the grand canal by the public transportation. It's a quieter neighborhood, but still convenient to all the attractions. I could walk to St. Mark's in 10 -15 minutes.There is a lovely bar/restaurant next door and a co-op store further down the street for groceries and wine.

I have included the website and photos of the hotel. The hotel rooms are on the second floor of all three buildings. The room rate also included a wonderful breakfast for the 3 of us. The staff spoke excellent english and were very helpful. If anyone qualifies as a senior, they do have senior rates and it looks like you can now book online. Hope this helps.

http://www.invenicehotels.com/hotelcaformenta/index.htm

1480484579_CopyofCopyofHotelCaFormenta.jpg.a24e5428e627aa34be0e7d60f9eafe29.jpg

1342564927_CopyofCopyofHotelCaFormentaviewedfromtheRotterdam.jpg.ea58e27ebbb1140b23088551d07ad432.jpg

Archived