what item did you forget to pack and really missed

pongo

A travelling clock/radio. I strongly suspect that the radio wouldn't have worked inside the hull (not to mention that we'd be so far from the UK there wouldn't have been a great choice of English speaking channels), but I'm so used to having a radio on when I go to sleep that just having it there would have made me feel more comfortable!

Have you not stopped panicking yet?

Apart from your passport and your tickets, as long as you have your smile and your credit card you will get through just about anything.

Go sit down, practise some deep breathing and have a cup of tea.

See you in that champagne bar!

;) yes will do that!!!

yes got all the passport ect ready.

Off work now my husband has just told me that it was better if I had just gone to work like i normaly do before a holiday as he does not need to deal with me :rolleyes:

my work collages have just phoned to say they are glad I am at home as they could not deal with me at work:eek:

I am just me sorry.

maby I should begin the hoiday with a nice drink sounds good :)

Hope to meet you

Johanne

After being on about 7 cruises, there are things that you don't think you will need, but these things mean a lot to me.....if you have an inside cabin or even a balcony (in hull), take a night light to plug into the bathroom outlet.

We have found that even in a Celebrity Sky Suite, there is only one, 110 plug in the main cabin and one in the bathroom. If you use anything that requires electricity, take extension cords with you as the only plug will be by the mirror and vanity in the main cabin. Take one, 15 foot cord and one, 9 foot cord in case you need more of a reach. I take a sound machine and a small fan, so the extension cords work for me.

If you use certain over-the-counter medications e.g. Motrin, Maalox or Visine, take those with you. The over-the-counter product section on a ship is very limited.

I also find taking different sizes of ziplock bags with us for packing toiletries, quart, gallon, and sandwich or snack size.

Have a great vacation.

Christy

If you use anything that requires electricity, take extension cords with you

That doesn't just apply to Celebrity - At Christmas b/f took his laptop, we had wires halfway across the cabin because there wasn't a plug near where he wanted to work/he couldn't work near any of the plug sockets.

" Never forget your dark glasses! They do help repel the people from steerage who are constantly requesting one's autograph"

I'm pleased to hear that someone else has that problem as well - I find that a sharp stick works wonders:eek:

This is for a QE2 transatlantic, but I wish I had packed nasal decongestants because I am sensitive to smoke. It's true that the ship's store has very limited supplies of such things so take a little of everything you might need.

I wish I had NOT packed shorts because the weather was MUCH too cold to even consider wearing them. I also wish I had not packed so many clothes. Really didn't need a third of them!

Archived