Using onboard ship photo lab?????

QueenYaYah

Hi - was just wondering if HA's ships are equipped to transfer passenger's memory sticks to CD's. I have two (2) memory sticks (a 286mb and a 512 mb) and I don't want to have to weed out pictures on the camera while we are cruising. I'd hate to delete a shot that I'd regret later.

Has anyone has had recent experience with having the ship's photo lab transfer pictures from memory card(s) to a CD.

We are on the 6-17-06 Zuiderdam sailing, and I don't want to miss a photo op because the card is full!!!!!

Thanks for the feedback!

Happy sailing!!!!!!!

Elisha

IMHO, you should get a new 1GB+ memory card and not worry about running out of room (take the 512MB along too, in case you find something you need 100's of pictures to remember). Memory cards are dirt cheap, and you'll use it for more than the one vacation.

Alternate solution...make friends with someone who has a laptop with a CD burner drive. Take the USB cord for your camera and some blank CD's....offer a friend a drink in exchange for download services.

Just remember, if you're taking pictures in JPEG format, each time you copy them from the original source the image will degrade. I prefer to take pictures in TIFF, since it is a "loss-less" format instead of a "lossy" format. TIFF's don't degrade as you copy and recopy them.

Happy shooting !!

Craig

Archived