QM2 arrival time- please help!!

tarom

Comrades:

I have been told that the arrival time of my May 23 transatlantic

is 9:00 instead of 6:00. I was planning to leave from Heathrow on

a London to Vienna flight at 3:00 pm. Do I have enough time for

this flight???

Thank you much

Per Southampton port info, arrival is 5:30 am. Per previous posts, people have arrived at Heathrow by 11am (in some instances). In checking ground transportation for our fall arrival, a local firm said that average time for disembarkation and pickup by them was 10 am.

Hope this helps?

Bjkcycle

We are on the ship with Tarom, and as we have hired a car to take us to London (which charges 75$/hour wait time) it is a rather crucial question for us. I am guessing that Cunard expects to arrive at the earlier time, but is leaving leeway for a 9 AM arrival due to the fact she is running on 3 screws. Only my guess though.

We recently sailed into Southampton. Scheduled time was 9am, but we were alongside way before that. If you time is tight, go for the self disembark. It worked great for us and you can leave before they even start calling colors, most probably by 9am if not sooner.

This of course requires you to park reasonably and have roller bags. There is a small incline when you leave, then an escalator and a little bit of distance, but manageable.

Thanks Garycarla- this is a girlfriend trip, and as my friend is notorious for overpacking, I think we had better let the deckhands handle the luggage. We aren't pressed for time, just trying to come up with a realistic pick-up time to tell the driver. I suppose we can get the first-off colored baggage tags if we ask, so I guess I will ask him to be there to pick us up at 10 I guess we should be OK- do you think?

BTW Tamor- how are you getting to the airport?

I plan on arriving to london heathrow with woodford chauffuer cars.

If arrival time is nine; I hope I am off the boat at 10:00.

With a 2 hour drive time, I need to be leaveing by 11:00

i talked to cunard and they only recommend a 4:00 flight earliest.

So I guess I may be taking a bit of a chance with 3:00 flight...

I suppose we can get the first-off colored baggage tags if we ask

Good luck! First off are pax on Cunard arranged transfers, then Queen's Grill, then Princess, then Britannia......at least you won't have to be photographed and finger printed......

Peter

Hi,

I am also in this crossing and using Woodford chauffeur cars, but I'd like to know the opposite.

We are in no hurry to get to London and we are traveling with a toddler, so we would like to disembark as late as possible. Can you give me an idea of what to tell them? Does 12 noon sound ok or are you forced to leave your cabin at a certain time?

Thank you,

Lorena

The printed material said you had to vacate your room at 8:30am. In reality you could push that a little. We went to breakfast at 8:15 and returned a little before 9 to get our bags. The halls were full of dirty linen and the staff hustling to get rooms ready.

You could drag things out in one of the lounges till mid morning without a problem. You could take your time getting off and walk around the disemarkation area for a half hour or so, but doubt you could find enough to do until noon.

Archived