HELP!!! Behind In My Planning - November '06

Hi All -

What a wonderful website to find. After reading all of your postings I am feeling like I am far behind in my planning. I am getting married on the Radiance of the Seas (RCCL) the day we set sail - Nov. 25. Counting my finacee and I there are only 8 guests for our wedding. I have booked the Harmony Package, but that's it. I was thinking of doing cake & champagne for a reception since the other receptions require you to have at least 25 guests.

Anyone who can give me a list of questions or ideas of what I am supposed to be asking the Royal Romance people as far as wedding and reception sites, music, or anything else helpful (hair, limo, flowers, cake, etc), or any tips for getting with a decent planner (since I've read too many horror stories about their terrible ones) would be GREAT!

Also, if anyone has photos of a wedding on the Radiance I would appreciate if you could sent them to me.

Kitty

You'll be alright. It is still a good long ways to November. Try not to fret. LOL

Congratulations on your engagement, and how exciting getting married on a cruise ship.

I'm sorry I can't help you with any of your questions, I'm only on these boards because DH and I are renewing our wedding vows in port in Aruba in Feb. 07.

I think the cake and champagne is a nice touch, I'd check with RCCL on the champagne thing though, sometimes they have weird rules when it comes to alcohol. You might even get them to supply the cake at an extra cost, that would be easier on you, you'll have enough to deal with on that day, carrying all your luggage and your dress etc.... I'd say they'd be able to add items on "al a carte" but I'm not sure. I'd definately get with the Royal Romance people (or whatever they are called) I'm sure they would be of great help.

I think if I were planning a wedding onboard a cruise ship I'd make sure that a wedding and reception site are agreed upon......IN WRITING...... I've read too many things about them changing the ceremony or reception site and that isn't a surprise I'd want on my special day. I'd also ask if they could e-mail pictures out to you of the flowers, ceremony and reception sites, cakes etc..... no one would be better than them to get pictures from. If you are planning on getting your hair done onboard I'd ask them about the hours for the salon and pricing for how much a hairdo costs. Also if you want something specific as far as flowers go I'd ask them if they have a certain bouquet design that they use or if you can send them a picture of what you want. Also, I'd ask about the colors. If you are wanting to use a certain color in your flowers, on your cake etc.... I'd ask if they are able to accomodate that.

I hope this advice helps you some. Like I said before, I'm sorry I can't help you more.....these boards are usually great wealths of information so hopefully you can find what answers you are looking for.

Archived