Norwegian star/or Carnival pride

yankeesrule

Have been on the pride 3 times wife wants to mix it up and try the star we have never cruised Norwegian. some concerns. do we have to pay for food i dont understand this freestyle cruiseing i went to Norwegians web site and i see a bunch of rest that you have to pay for is that how it is with all the rest on board or do they have a dining room thats free help we want to try the star have cruised 9 times before all the Norwegians chime in thanks in advance:)

Hey there I love the Star very nice ship! I though I would not really like Freestyle. Well I was pleasantly surprised how much more relaxed I found the cruise to be. WHen you go on the Traditional cruise you are in a structured envioronment! You get off go to port have to be back by a certain time then rush to get ready for your dinner. Not on NCL you can eat whenever you want.

The food in the non pay restraunts is included. They have some restraunts you have to make reservations for that are also included. There are some pay restraunts you may also choose to go too. The Star was my 7th cruise and first with NCL! Have a great time!

yankee,

the funny part about the Specialty restaurants is that you pay extra coverage per person, after you have done that then you get hit with the "Today's special", which

you have to pay "extra" for in addition to the extra charge! WHat?? Have I not just paid extra to eat here?? Another NCL way of giving you a double whammy!

Stick with Carnival, they are true to their motto "FUN SHIPS"

Does Carnival have no pay restraunts? I thought this was something all the lines had started!

Carnival does have one surcharge restaurant aboard its newest ships, Conquest and Pride class, many which are called the "Supper Club".

The surcharge is $25 per person......

The Destiny and Fantasy class ships don't even have just the one surcharge restaurant.

Compared to the newer NCL ships, with a choice of three between French, Asian, Italian, and a Steakhouse surcharge restaurants, Carnival comes up short on food variety.

the pride has davids supper club we ate there and were not impressed at all now chops on the jewel of the seas was way worth the money.......we just though we would chande it up abit and try the star....anymore info would be a big help.... thanks:)

Archived