Adventure of the Seas May 7-14 AWESOME!!!

That was an awesome cabin and the same thing happened to us, we were originally on the 10th deck behind the hump and I kept looking for something a bit better and whalla 9618 opened up. I left my platinum coupons in the safe, I assume they would through them out but I thought perhaps they'd leave them for the next passenger.

Thanks for the thought, but nothing in the safe (or anywhere else). The room had been thoroughly cleaned. I always look around as on some other cruises we have found items that were left behind, not this time.

While I'm here I'll add a few thoughts about St. Maarten. We had reserved a car with Avis here as well and were given the impression that their office was at the port with the other agencies. Well, we get off the ship and no Avis in sight--no signs, no representative, nothing!!! We asked some of the other folks renting cars about Avis and a couple were kind enough to call Avis for us to find out what was going on. They were told we would have to come to their office to get a car, which is not exactly at the pier. In fact, their office is about a 25 minute walk from the pier and well hidden from view we found out later. Since we reserved a car without a credit card deposit, we decided to let Avis keep their car and rented from a local fellow. The car we got was a bit "worn" but worked like a charm and saved us money.

We have been to St. Maarten a number of times as we own a timeshare there. Since our last visit, I found that the French side has gone downhill a bit. The traffic was chaos and I found it very dirty with garbage everywhere. Also, we found a few tourists being hassled by the locals--demanding to know where they were going and trying to follow them. They tried it with us as well, but being from Montreal we speak French. When we spoke to them in French, they left us alone??? On the other hand Phillipsburg looked much better than it has in a long time. Front Street has really been cleaned up since our last visit.

Nothing to add about St.Thomas as we stayed on the ship that day.

I guess that I'll end my review by saying that we both loved the AOS and hope to sail on her again soon. Yes there is some wear and tear, but not what I expected of a ship sailing with 3000+ passengers every week for almost 5 years. They are constantly working on the ship to keep her looking good. We saw them painting while in port and one day the stairs near our cabin were closed off as they were putting down new carpeting.

Happy cruising to all who will be sailing on the AOS:)

Archived