Help please - QM2 Med Packing

Norfolk Brit

Prior to hitting the shops I rang Cunard re. the mix of formal etc evenings on our cruise in September. Once I had negotiated the amazingly generous array of options available I finally reached a human, and was told that there were 4 formal, 1 semi-formal and 7 casual.

Have gathered from these boards that I should view this information with some caution, but don't want to over-pack. Does it sound about right?

Extremely grateful for any help from seasoned travellers,

Regards, Mary

Mary,

The usual drill is first/last nights and port days casual - as you've got 7 ports, 4 of which have got 6pm or later departures - that would be at least 6 casual nights. Sea days are formal - you have 3 of those (excluding the last night) - so I would guess that, for example, your 2pm Vigo departure might be a Formal night as well - making the 4 - and either Gibraltar or Lisbon, (3pm departures) one semi-formal, one casual. So, yes, it does look about right. Of course, the Cruise Director might have other ideas!

Peter

Morning Peter,

Very many thanks for helpful reply; you have obviously even taken the trouble to look at the itinerary in the brochure. My confusion was partly based on the part of the dress code stating 'casual' if ship leaving port after 6pm, which it isn't on any of our port days (departure times are somewhat earlier due to pod damage).

If the Cruise Director has other ideas he will need to be retrieved by the search and rescue helicopter.

Kind regards, Mary

I'll tell you what, after the day trips to Rome and Florence, I'm going to have dinner delivered... Maybe to the spa for a massage!

"Yes, I'll roll over as soon as I've finished my salad. You just keep working on those feet."

Archived