Bathrobes in Cabins

NorthernNeighbour

Can anyone advise if bathrobes are supplied on the QM2 as part of the cabin amentities?

My wife and I are hoping to avoid packing our bathrobes, since on previous cruises on Holland America these were always available on-board ship as part of the cabin amenities.

May we trust CUNARD to do the same?

You are supposed to take them home?

The slippers, not the bathrobes:(. That said the slippers are disposable and don't last that long, but they do make very good travelling slippers for when you're away from home.

You cannot always count on the bathrobe. Last year we did not get them in our outside cabin. On our eastbound this year we had side-by-side balcony cabins and one cabin had them, and the other did not. On the westbound we had one in our outside. Same goes for the slippers and hangers. Inconsistent from cabin to cabin. You can always get them, though, if they are not there and you bother to ask for them.

Paul

Speaking of little things like robes and slippers... I asked the Cunard rep. about the soap, shampoo, etc. on board and she said "Oh, it is very nice, sir."

So, is it nice along the lines of the best 25-cent Soap on the market? Or along the lines of Aqua di Parma, etc?

I agree- an English product such as Bronnley or Penhaligons would be better- but they do want to sell the Canyon Ranch idea- the products aren't bad and the stewards do replenish daily! Handy for future travel/trips!

Yes,

I was going to state- If you are size 3 the bathrobes are nice, if a bit "used" And those waffle type shrink when washed. Mine was useless unless I wanted to spread it on a chair to sit on instead of the small bath towels! i didn't see any disposable slippers. Someone on a previous cruise must've already disposed of them!

The Canyon Ranch toiletries? I liked them. Love the scents. Wouldn't pay what they offer them for on the interactive TV screen! After all.they're just shampoo and soap! Heck, I don't pay that for Goldschlager, the liqueur that's got gold flecks floating in it!

Karie,

Who probably qualifies as trailer trash when judge on the soap standard- Aveeno Bar (I'm allergic) and Aussie Mega for shamppo/rinse.

I find the bathrobes useless as they are too small. I always take my own.

I think that they only provide bathrobes on the QE2 in Grill accommodation - that's why you see so many people naked if you walk down deck 4 or 5:eek: . I wouldn't say they were too small, just rather snug.

In the room folder they say that there is a charge if you take the slippers - we took ours and didn't get a charge on our bill. The charge is exorbitant, they wanted something like USD 15.00.

I think that they only provide bathrobes on the QE2 in Grill accommodation - that's why you see so many people naked if you walk down deck 4 or 5:eek: . I wouldn't say they were too small, just rather snug.

In the room folder they say that there is a charge if you take the slippers - we took ours and didn't get a charge on our bill. The charge is exorbitant, they wanted something like USD 15.00.

Believe me - they are too small!

Or, perhaps more accurately, they are too small for me! ;)

As far as steerage (:D ) is concerned - you're right. Only Grill accomodation has the benefit of bathrobes that are too small for me.

In their own words regarding QM2:

"Standard amenities include interactive TV with multi-language film and music channels, data port outlet, refrigerator, hair dryer, bathrobe and slippers, a safe and 110/220-volt outlets."

And for the QE2 not only in Grill class:

"You will appreciate the comfort of Caronia accommodation. Each cabin has a sea view and features a bathroom with a shower or a tub and shower, and bathrobe."

Often the bathrobes will not be in the room when you first enter it because the robes are in the laundry and will be delivered later. Otherwise just ask.

And for the QE2 not only in Grill class:

"You will appreciate the comfort of Caronia accommodation. Each cabin has a sea view and features a bathroom with a shower or a tub and shower, and bathrobe."

Carl - where is that quote from? I'm going on both a current brochure and on experience: for the QM2 the brochure says Queens

Grill gets "Bath Robes and Slippers", the Princess Grill gets "Soft Terry Robes and Slippers" and the Britannia gets "Bathrobe and Slippers". On the QE2 they say Queens Grill gets "Bath Robes" and the Princess Grill gets "Soft Terry Robes" yet neither the Caronia not the Mauritania get any mention of robes. Experience tells me that in both Queens and Princess you do get robes, in Caronia and Mauritania you don't.

I've had the brochure for about six months, so although it's current it could have changed, the last time I was in Caronia was about seven years ago, so in both cases things might have changed.

As an aside - does anyone know the difference between Bath Robes, Soft Terry Robes and Bathrobes? :D

hello!

I sailed both ways transatlantic on QM2 last October in a Britannia- grade cabin. We got bathrobes, which were very nice (incidentally, one had "shrunk" so much that it had to be replaced!).

Jacques O.

The American site - If you go onto the UK site (www.cunard.co.uk) and then onto their "Virtual Tour" it gives similar definitions to their UK brochure - no bathrobes in Caronia or Mauritania. I wonder if Cunard thinks "Is this passenger American or British? If they're American they'll want bathrobes, if they're British they won't know if they're not there"!

The American site - If you go onto the UK site (www.cunard.co.uk) and then onto their "Virtual Tour" it gives similar definitions to their UK brochure - no bathrobes in Caronia or Mauritania. I wonder if Cunard thinks "Is this passenger American or British? If they're American they'll want bathrobes, if they're British they won't know if they're not there"!

Occasionally I have compared the British, the American and the German brochures: They do not provide the same information but differ in several ways.

And of course contracts, terms and conditions as well as prices are very different, too.

We sailed Mauretania on QE2 last time and had bathrobes (soft fluffy terry towelling) and slippers. We asked the steward when he appeared in our cabin and he brought them within 10 minutes.

I don't intend packing for our cruise in November, so hopefully the practice continues. Does anyone know differently?

We sailed Mauritania on QE2 last time and had bathrobes (soft fluffy terry towelling) and slippers. We asked the steward when he appeared in our cabin and he brought them within 10 minutes.

I don't intend packing for our cruise in November, so hopefully the practise continues. Does anyone know differently?

It's about ten years since I was in Mauritania - we didn't get them then; it's about seven years since I was last in Caronia and we didn't get them then either:( Since then we've only been in one of the grills and we've had them.

We're going to be in Caronia this Christmas so I'll have to see what happens. Please post and say if you get them in November (or anyone else who goes sooner) and we'll ask for them as well.

Archived