"Passenger Missing From Local Cruise Ship" - Pt. Canaveral, Mariner of the Seas

:eek: Augusta, Georgia:eek: I work in Augusta, Georgia:eek:

But, don't know the guy. Not gonna let this spoil what's coming though. Getting ready to start packing our bags, got docs yesterday, and if I'm not doing the steps to the dance right, after a few margaritas, no one will know:D

From the not missing but mislaid department: Monday CND ran an article about a Fascination passenger who reported that her cabinmate wasn't in her cabin when she woke up. After searching the ship it turned out he was missing, and the Coast Guard was called in to search the path the ship had sailed since he was last seen. One cruise executive dropped us a line to let us know that these days more often than not when a cabinmate is reported "missing" and not in the cabin in the morning, it turns out that the person somehow managed to be sleeping in the wrong cabin, and is amazed that the person in bed with them isn't their original cabinmate. I guess one bed was too hard, and they checked another one that was too soft and they kept going until they found one that was j-u-s-t right.

From the not missing but mislaid department: Monday CND ran an article about a Fascination passenger who reported that her cabinmate wasn't in her cabin when she woke up. After searching the ship it turned out he was missing, and the Coast Guard was called in to search the path the ship had sailed since he was last seen. One cruise executive dropped us a line to let us know that these days more often than not when a cabinmate is reported "missing" and not in the cabin in the morning, it turns out that the person somehow managed to be sleeping in the wrong cabin, and is amazed that the person in bed with them isn't their original cabinmate. I guess one bed was too hard, and they checked another one that was too soft and they kept going until they found one that was j-u-s-t right.
:D :D LOL

Just some thoughts from an over-worked accountant in the midwest......

On our very 1st cruise (Ecstasy 01/99) there was a 'person overboard.' It was our last night & heading back to Port Canaveral. We were in the theater when suddenly you could hear 'grinding' and the ship started to list & slow down. One of the waiters told us that this was what usually happened when someone went overboard. We were in the list position for several hours, the Coast Guard sent out boats & helicopters. LOTS of search lights. LOTS of paging of various passengers. Sometime during the night, the search apparently was called off & we were on our way again.

On the plane to Chicago the next day, several people (when they found out we had been on a cruise) asked if we were 'on the cruise where the guy jumped overboard.' We said that we were & various people said that there were articles about it in some of the Florida A.M. papers. We then proceeded to talk about how sad it was.

A few days after our return home, I called Carnival. I was curious to find out if the gentleman had been found. After being transferred to several different customer service reps, I was connected with public relations. And this was their answer to me: We have no knowledge of any such incident occurring.

Do any of you think that maybe these incidents happened but were just not 'public knowledge' before the days of computers/internet?

Marcia

That might be like calling the hospital and wanting to know what happened to that person in the car wreck you saw the other day... they probably can't talk about it for legal reasons.

Does that have something to do with the HIPPO act

Does that have something to do with the HIPPO act

HIPAA - Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. It's sad and pathetic that the law that was designed to allow you to carry health insurance coverage from one job to another and one insurer to another to avoid the "pre-existing conditions" has had the primary effect of making the disclosure of medical information a crime.

Archived