Hop On, Hop Off Tour, Rome

Has anybody taken this particular tour in Rome? My sister has a friend who recommended it, and she wants to do it while we are there. I just wonder if we will see enough or if there might be some better deal out there. It is under $25 per person, and is a bus tour with headphones to listen, and you can get off at an attraction and then board the bus again anywhere along the route.

Has anybody taken this particular tour in Rome? My sister has a friend who recommended it, and she wants to do it while we are there. I just wonder if we will see enough or if there might be some better deal out there. It is under $25 per person, and is a bus tour with headphones to listen, and you can get off at an attraction and then board the bus again anywhere along the route.

We did this last year and it was well worth the money, it stops at or very near most of the best sites to visit in the heart of Rome. Very good for the money, IMHO. You can spend as much time as you want at your stops.

RonC

You can't beat the hop/on bus tours in cities for getting a great overview of the city and the sights and Rome is no exception.I think yiou will be pleased and it is worth the money especially if you have never been to Rome.

I agree. It's an inexpensive way to see a lot in a limited amount of time, and it's a particularly good choice for a first time visitor to Rome. See all the well-known attractions and get off where you want for as long as you want. It was crowded when we did it last summer, but the buses run frequently so if you have to wait for the next one, it isn't a big deal.

We are thinking of doing this too since we arrive on Monday morning when the museums are closed. I was wondering where to get tickets and actually board if we are staying in the Spanish Steps area? What would be the closest stop to that?

We are thinking of doing this too since we arrive on Monday morning when the museums are closed. I was wondering where to get tickets and actually board if we are staying in the Spanish Steps area? What would be the closest stop to that?

Your hotel will be able to point you in the right direction and you can buy tickets on the bus.

Thanks for all the quick replies to my question about the Hop On/Hop Off tours in Rome. My sister and I have never been there, and were kind of overwhelmed by all the places there are to see. We will be there for two days, post cruise, so I think this will be a definite plan. It looks like we will be staying at the Alimandi, so hopefully there is a pick-up piont nearby.

I noticed that the tour also has pickups at the ship, for an extra fee. Does anybody know what that charge might be, as compared to the ship (Celebrity) transfer fee? We still need a way to get from the ship to our Rome hotel.

Hi Seabee - no baby yet??

I think that you can arrange the HOHO tours at your hotel, as well as prebooking. They recommend the prebooking to guarantee space, plus you can get frequent flyer miles!

The website in wwinfl91's post seems to indicate that you ahve to make a reservation for the HOHO bus. Anyone know if this is the case?

We did not make reservations. We boarded near St. Peter's, after buying tickets at a nearby tobacco shop.

There are several sightseeing buses of this type in Rome. This is the one we used:

http://www.trambusopen.com/index.cfm?area=home

Archived