Are there iron's on the boats or do I bring one?

TIA

Cruising Sunday and can't wait!!!!!:D

Irons are on the no-no list. There are laundry rooms on the ship, and you will need to use the provided ones as irons in cabins are considered a fire hazard. Trust your trip is wrinkle free.

No irons were allowed on our cruiseship. ( carnival miracle ). They had one in the laundry room. My gf had one in her carryon and somehow got aboard. However if they find it they will confiscate it. We also purchased spray wrinkle remover that worked great.

No need to bring them! As everyone already stated, they aren't allowed anyway. Once you get your Welcome Aboard booklet with your documents, it will give you all the information on what to bring, what not to bring. There are plenty of laundry rooms on board the ship or you can always send your laundry to be pressed for a small fee.

As I&M said, don't do your ironing right before dinner time on formal night...or any night for that matter. The line will be long! I found the best time to do any ironing that was necessary, was in the early afternoon hours on a sea day! Everyone is out enjoying the sun...you get in there, iron quickly, no waiting, and get out!! Then you get to have a relaxing rest of the day!

TIA

Cruising Sunday and can't wait!!!!!:D

I have always brought my travel iron. But never had to use it:p I didn't know they were not allowed. Seems I always bring it because I never take it out of my luggage:p They have never taken it away:)

Oh and by the way, you will be going on a ship not a boat:) LOL

and pay a corkage fee at dinner. I was wondering if I can just open it myself in our room before dinner? They said I can bring wine or Champagne aboard and I figure I bottle a day.

BTW, my mom always buys booze in Mexico and gives it to us kids for presents and never had a problem bringing it on board the ship from the port plus medicine from the pharmacy. Any feedback?

On the Miracle, the laundry room had a fold out of the wall ironing board and iron. Both worked great. I'd not wanna take up luggage room with an iron (i do believe they are not allowed) because you'll need room to haul back all the treasures you buy!

and pay a corkage fee at dinner. I was wondering if I can just open it myself in our room before dinner? They said I can bring wine or Champagne aboard and I figure I bottle a day.

BTW, my mom always buys booze in Mexico and gives it to us kids for presents and never had a problem bringing it on board the ship from the port plus medicine from the pharmacy. Any feedback?

sure, bring your own corkscrew. Just put it in your checked luggage. We did:) But every time we brought our wine to dinner they never charged us for corkage fee:)

Now that's my kind of mom;)

DW was carrying a bottle, and a bartender offered to open it and give her a couple glasses so that she could just carry it into the dining room and not be charged a corkage fee.

I would also go to a bar and ask for a couple glasses to enjoy a glass of wine in our room while getting ready, then carry the glasses and the bottle to dinner.

BTW, we did just bring an unopened bottle to dinner a couple times, and they opened it without charging us. Luck of the draw.....

Went to iron a shirt on formal night, and there was a pretty long line for the iron on the 6th deck. Went up the stairs to 7, no line at all. Came back by the same folsk still in line on 6 and smiled - carrying my pressed shirt.:D

Duck! :D

Surburban - See my signature line in red.:) Yep, irons in cabins could cause circuit overloads, fires, etc. Just leave the iron at home, and have a safe and happy cruise.

A little posting hint - if you have a question other than your title post - it's best to make a whole new thread, so they don't get intertwined. And - welcome to the boards!

Irons are not allowed to be brought onboard the ship by PAX - probably not a good idea to bring them on the boat either. :p

I brought a travel iron on board in my suitcase. They did not take it and I left it out on the coffee table in our suite. I was very careful and made sure it was unplugged every time I finished using it. Don't know how it slipped by without being taken away, but it was in my regular checked luggage. Cheryl

Cheryl, I'm surprised the cabin steward didn't remove it. He should have.

It doesn't matter how 'careful' a person is. It's a rule and so stated by the cruiseline - for safety reasons. I hope you won't do that again.;)

I didn't know irons were not allowed!! :eek: I took my first cruise on the Fascination 3/06 and had mine with me! I took it knowing the lines would be long, etc so I brought my own along and had no problems carrying it on the ship. It was in the side pocket of my carry on. I never ended up using it though..lol..Debarkation day I was in line to cash a check (money leftover from my sail and sign account *yay*) and a lady was turning in an iron that Carnival had rented her for $10 for the cruise. She paid $20 or so and upon returning it was issued $10 back. So if no irons in the room then why was she allowed to rent one??? Not trying to sound smart, just asking why they allow her to rent one.

I have never heard of anyone renting an iron... never seen anything about it. I just called and asked if they were for rent... and was told no. I'd be curious how many people have experienced this.

They make a pretty big deal about it, and people have had them confiscated. If a steward is doing his/her job, it should be.

It has NOTHING to do with being careful :rolleyes: It's a fire hazard, which could mean it has everything to do with the electrical system. Does it matter why? The cruiselines have determined that irons are a fire hazard, why do people have to question that?? Leave it at home... it's pretty simple.

The first day I unpack and put my clothes in the dryer with a couple of softener sheets and a wet washcloth. Takes the wrinkles right out.

I do that at home!! I don't worry about wrinkles on the ship, I use wrinkle releaser if it's too bad... but the washcloth/softener thing, it's the best!!!!! My grandmother showed me that when I was a kid, and there is nothing better, plus your clothes smell yummy :D

Archived