Can't seem to find a "Gty" Cabin

We are looking to book a cruise as far out as Dec 2007. When we've cruised CCL in the past we've always just done a 'gty' cabin and hoped for the best. I've looked at numerous different ships with different itineraries with various dates and this option is always listed as "N/A". Does RCL not offer this type of booking? Also, I've looked at multiple dates for Freedom and Liberty for one of the Family rooms (IS, OS, even Bal) and those are always "N/A" too... We'd really like the Freedom or Navigator class out of Florida, but I've looked all over the place just to see if I could find it anywhere...

Have I just not found the right dates? Is it not available? Do I have to book through a TA to get a gty? Help :)

I have always been told you have to call RCCL direct to book those cabins you mention. Pick your ship, date and cabin type.. then call them. According to RCCL representatives (and we know how that goes.. never the same information twice) when the website says N/A, that DOES NOT mean they are truely N/A.. that is why you need to call them.. would just make better sense to just list them, but they do not list all available cabins.

Sounds good - thats what I was hoping. Thats really odd though. Looking through the online agencies (expedia, etc) those options never show up! Only by going to the RCL site do you even see those cabin types or categories.

DW and I were talking last night that it seems strange that the RCL site and even the TV commercials always direct you to a TA first. CCL never even mentioned the TA's :)

So now I need to find a couple dates and call I guess!

We found that the GTY cabins didn't show up until a few weeks before we sailed. We "downgraded" to a GTY and got a healthy refund. We were then put next door to our original cabin.

They run them like Promo's. They can open up at anytime. However, they don't keep them open indefinately. What you can do, is book the lowest cabin you would accept. Then, watch for the guarantee's to open up and switch. That's what I did for my upcoming cruise. I booked back in February (no Guarantee's available at the time). I switched to an outside guarantee back in April when they opened up and saved $$$. They became unavailable again about 3 weeks later. I'm sure they will open it up again closer to sailing to fill the ship.

Usually the family staterooms are not available on line at all. They normally require 5 people or more to book so you have to call to book them. Sometimes after final payment they will remove the minimum if they are still available and then they will be listed on the website.

Guarantees are not available for every sailing and not all the time either. Also, it may depend on how many people you are trying to book. I frequently cruise as a single. While the sailing may have guarantee rooms available for 2 people, when I try to book it for only 1 it won't let me.

Archived